Looking for thoughts

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all!!!!!

I am in the process of rehualing my entire reef rom (our den converted into my cave w/ 3 tanks and my 52 inch big screen for Nascar and Xbox). I currently have my 125 mixed reef up and running, but wanted to start building my 120 and 55 back. Both the 120 and 55 are not drilled and could be made into anything. I'm wanting to stay with atleast a softy reef w/ a blue jaw trigger, black dogface puffer, or some type of angel. My 125 is my main priority, but these tanks and my love for saltwater is urging me to expand. Any thoughts on what anyone would do in my case (focus on 125 and sell others, FOWLR, softy, ect)????

I'm also considering selling or giving 2 of my 3 tangs in my 125 to someone (even though I am attached to these). My 3 tangs are a 5"chevron, 6"male naso, 2"small scopas (the last 2 are my ones that I may be parting with). My original plans for all these were a 300 gallon, but that has faded. I just believe that someone with a larger system would be able to provise them with more swimming area. Any thoughts on this too would be great.

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can afford to set them up and power them,then I say do it.if it were me I would just setup the 120 and make it into a softy or mixed reef and get some if the fish you normally can't have in a sps reef.
The tangs are getting too big for your current setup and a new home isn't a bad idea.I would keep the scopas since it's small still and sell the other 2 off for
cheap so you can get a new small tang again or some other fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RaeRae: I just got a PC light for the 55 (another 55 that wasd given to me w/ corner overflow), softies is it (shrooms, colt, xenia). Thinking of trying a bta w/ laz clowns (but many months away).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back