Low alk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
blackgate

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been monitoring alk twice a day since I switched over last Sunday. At this point, all I have done is increase dosing while my alk has just struggled to stay above 7. I have some large sps colonies that have really started looking great this last week. I will just keep testing and see what happens

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is what I will do as well

I had exact same problem when I switched to triton. look in your alk element 1 container. Mine was all caked up I put a power head in there and mixed all up for a few days I'm solid now at 8.2 for last 3 days.

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have to dose brs to get all back in range now it's stays there I lost a lot of corals but I'm good now everything that did survive is recovering

OP
OP
blackgate

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that sounds a little scary. I did have to mix that container for almost 2 days before it was completely dissolved, but I will check again. I am glad I am not the only one who is going through this transition.

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea sucks but hopefully on right track now. I do need to check my calcium. If it's high I'm tempted to turn all off and manually dose alk to im within normal ranges but I hate to mess with it everything is happ so I may just let it fall naturally if it is high

OP
OP
blackgate

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked calcium and it is at 440 ppm. Alk is at 7.1. I looked at the bottom of the container of elementz 1 and there is STILL precip at the bottom. I will start mixing AGAIN to see if that helps. I am honestly starting to think that I am just not dosing enough. I don't work for triton nor am I affiliated with them in any way, but honestly in just the past week things have exploded. It's like these colonies have been dormant for months and months and have just gone nuts here lately. I will def keep up with progress and report back.

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 124 minutes a day and I'm in a 300 if that helps but I don't have that much coral anymore hopefully that will change. I'm using brs 1.1/min

OP
OP
blackgate

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly have colonies in a 93 and I have noticed there really hasn't been a lot of growth in the last few months mainly because of the ultra low nutrients but here in the last week, things have been taking off. We will see what happens, but the lower calcium results really has me wondering.

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your calcium is perfect I would manually dose just brs alk to get ur levels to where u want then see what happens if it falls manual again and up all dosing rates

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back