JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying your build thread, and welcome to the TBS club! What a lucky bunch of macro you got on your rocks, and good move with the sand as well--I ended up using all of my extra sand to mix with my other tank that had CaribSea sand, and it made a huge difference. Sorry about Ursula, but I think you made a good decision for the long run. Funny how you get attached to these bizarre little animals!

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying your build thread, and welcome to the TBS club! What a lucky bunch of macro you got on your rocks, and good move with the sand as well--I ended up using all of my extra sand to mix with my other tank that had CaribSea sand, and it made a huge difference. Sorry about Ursula, but I think you made a good decision for the long run. Funny how you get attached to these bizarre little animals!
Thank you for your kind words and support! And yeah, we miss Ursula too but it really is for the best. With her out of the tank I’ve been able to start gluing corals down to the rocks. I was afraid of doing that before because I didn’t want them knocked over.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ever do a tank on my desk again it will be a live rock and it's own hitchhikers tank for sure.

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone in upstate New York, please stop by the 2nd Annual Adirondack Frag Swap!! The hosts of this event have pulled together more than $1,000 in raffle prizes! Hope to see you there!!

18DE8CE0-7630-4542-8175-9EDE06FCEB6E.jpeg

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am heartbroken…Just watched as Sally the Shellback Crab went buffet style on one of the hitchhiking cup corals. She is definitely NOT reef safe. Not sure what I’m going to do just yet; may ask the LFS if they want her as a donation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a great time at the Adirondack Frag Swap. Huge thanks again to @Maokin for putting this great event together. Had the chance to connect with some area reefers and grabbed some great corals for the tank. Will definitely be back again next year!

Corals are still finding their happy places in the tank, so I’ll post more photos once they all open up. The zoas in the background came from the swap, the purple frilly came from @tundraguy1106 and the rose gold hammer from @Fishyfish22. I think the tank is coming together beautifully!!

A7734ADB-AAED-46A2-A1ED-69CE89F442D8.jpeg

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a great time at the Adirondack Frag Swap. Huge thanks again to @Maokin for putting this great event together. Had the chance to connect with some area reefers and grabbed some great corals for the tank. Will definitely be back again next year!

Corals are still finding their happy places in the tank, so I’ll post more photos once they all open up. The zoas in the background came from the swap, the purple frilly came from @tundraguy1106 and the rose gold hammer from @Fishyfish22. I think the tank is coming together beautifully!!

A7734ADB-AAED-46A2-A1ED-69CE89F442D8.jpeg
How’s the corky doing? That one grows like a weed in my tank

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the corky doing? That one grows like a weed in my tank
It’s doing really well! I’m still planning out the portion of the tank where the corky is placed, so I haven’t taken been taking photos of it yet. But I love the corky much more than I thought I would. It adds some really nice movement to the tank.

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing really well! I’m still planning out the portion of the tank where the corky is placed, so I haven’t taken been taking photos of it yet. But I love the corky much more than I thought I would. It adds some really nice movement to the tank.
That was my first and still my favorite… just wait till it starts branching!

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking too, but since water evaporates from the return chamber, I wondered if that would cause lower temps in that chamber compared to others.
I just mount it on my dosing rack on the side where the water returns back colder

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back