Manifold pump

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a Red Sea 350 that I have a UV and 3 reactors piped on a dedicated manifold separate of the return pump.

I used a Varios 4 but quite honestly with how I have the 3/4” piping by the time it goes through everything the reactors don’t have as much flow as I’d like with the spears valves 100% open.

My question: I can buy a Varios 6 or 8 to up the GPH and flow but being both have a 1-1/4” outlet vs the 1” on the Varios 4. I have to reduce down to 3/4” I am not certain of the true flow gain or if it isn’t worth the investment? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate manifolds. Every time you change one thing, you have to rebalance the whole equation. IMO, they sound better than they really are. Getting a larger pump would get you back to where you were, maybe, or it might be a good time to just have dedicated reactor pump(s).

Do you really need to run three reactors at once?

OP
OP
KyOsIBa515

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate manifolds. Every time you change one thing, you have to rebalance the whole equation. IMO, they sound better than they really are. Getting a larger pump would get you back to where you were, maybe, or it might be a good time to just have dedicated reactor pump(s).

Do you really need to run three reactors at once?
Well, only one of the reactors is active which is just carbon. The other two are shut down. I had the biopellet reactor running but I had nothing but issues running Biopellets so I shut it down. I am keeping it installed just Incase down the road my fuge can’t keep up with nutrient export. The last reactor is for GFO but it is only run if my phosphates get out of control. So 90% of the time just the Carbon and UV 100% of the time.

However, if all are running it seems not enough.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back