Rating - 0%
0   0   0

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why i can't stand that companies allow this type of public voting. It's never fair to the participants and it's lazy. Just a bunch of scumbag up voting by "friends".
And I'm surprised R2R allows threads like this.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said to 'watch his review' and then vote...
If everyone has a chance to watch all the videos, and not vote for my friend,,,, that's called free will....
It's called trying to help someone...sorry you don't think that's appropriate...
But that's how the world works

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just keep in mine how rude and crass it is to call anyone a 'scumbag' that you don't know personally...
I'm sorry you think helping someone who is trying to help the hobby is so terrible...so your option is to not vote for anyone...and for the people whom would have never even known about this for them to not vote for someone because you don't think it's right...

very interesting to figure out someone who is rude and that they don't want people to help one another....

And thanks for the bump....people can and will always choose, but if asked to help they will choose what is right for them.....

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know where d2mini is coming from. Though, I wouldn't say its a scumbag move. I too have applied just the same. Though, I am not "Talking up" my review and directing attention towards my video. I simply asked my local friends to visit the website, Watch some videos & vote for the one they feel fit. Doing so I have Maybe 15 votes. There is people with close to or over 100 so I am sure I won't get picked. I understand where d2mini is coming from. It almost gives the video you are talking about an "Upper Hand".

Though, I don't mind. It's nice what you are doing for a friend. I just figured I would try to more politely explain what d2mini might have been talking about. No need to dispute over it.

I wish your friend luck.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know about this until my friend posted it on our local forum...the day after the voting started
My point is many people wouldn't get a chance to vote for anyone...not knowing about this...
And yes while I asked people to vote for him...I asked them to watch his review first..if someone doesn't think it's good...by all means don't vote for him and watch other reviews and vote for whom you think did a good job....
It's up to everyone if they want to win something that has a vote to 'campaign' for themselves...this is a society where the popular vote tends to win...and while my friend is not on R2R I believe he would make a good reviewer and would appreciate the views he has on products...
But that doesn't make it right for anyone to be rude or crass ... If he doesn't like someone trying to help someone else that's just sad...it's the same as voting in any popular pole or helping someone you know get a job because you know they would be a good fit...
And you can vote for multiple people...not just one...

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And believe me...I watched like 20 reviews..I've voted not only for my friend..but 3 other people who I think would be really good...

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that myself. There is a good amount of applicants. Quite a few with videos of their tanks & not a review.

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that myself. There is a good amount of applicants. Quite a few with videos of their tanks & not a review.

I think thats why they have low numbers it's a product review not a tank show case Some people are just stuck on themselves look at me look what I got instead of the true meaning of the contest witch is to test new products not to fulfill egos:D

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...just watched another good video about th unboxing of a seneye tester...very good explanation....

There are only a few really good videos hopefully people will keep voting the good ones and not just 'for friends' as someone earlier stated...

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know where d2mini is coming from. Though, I wouldn't say its a scumbag move. I too have applied just the same. Though, I am not "Talking up" my review and directing attention towards my video. I simply asked my local friends to visit the website, Watch some videos & vote for the one they feel fit. Doing so I have Maybe 15 votes. There is people with close to or over 100 so I am sure I won't get picked. I understand where d2mini is coming from. It almost gives the video you are talking about an "Upper Hand".

Though, I don't mind. It's nice what you are doing for a friend. I just figured I would try to more politely explain what d2mini might have been talking about. No need to dispute over it.

I wish your friend luck.

I understand completely what you are saying.. And normally. I wouldn't ask for votes, but I posted this to my local club and showed my video. A lot oft he videos on there are of people showing their tanks or just of unwrapping a tank stand... Doesn't seem like they really read the instructions.. So this time I am trying to beat the lazy jones who really didn't do the review video. I am pretty surprised of d2mini (some of us don't have his connections or money for building massively awesome tanks) being so judgmental and harsh with what he said.. But i do appreciate everyone's feedback...

Thanks for who vote for me!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?v=gSID2iDUp9o

There's my video, lets see if people really are only voting for there friends, because I literally have NO Friends , I just moved down here from mass for school and I have no time for friends, so let's see if my video speaks for itself!!

It wont happen like that. Theres people doing raffles for free coral if you vote for them...kind of unfair really. People have their friends voting for them and they probably never even had a goldfish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back