Marinedepot product tester

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That guy unwrapping his tank has 900 votes now 8-/ seems crazy.... It wouldn't bother me if he did an actually review... And he go sent even have a tank set up?? Lol how's he gonna review stuff

Dude we're all members of this forum no need to be bashing anyone that you dont even know..I dont say anything bad about you...for your info I posted that video Ithinking i just needed a sample video by the time I realized I needed a sample review I posted already. That tank has been running for almost a year full zeovit sps tank thats thriving ..I have different reviews on different forums about lights, skimmers, pumps..I do alot of my diy stuff for my tanks and for guys in my local club..so for you to assume that someone is not capable of doing so is just rude..but its all good ..goodluck happy reefing to you..

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude we're all members of this forum no need to be bashing anyone that you dont even know..I dont say anything bad about you...for your info I posted that video Ithinking i just needed a sample video by the time I realized I needed a sample review I posted already. That tank has been running for almost a year full zeovit sps tank thats thriving ..I have different reviews on different forums about lights, skimmers, pumps..I do alot of my diy stuff for my tanks and for guys in my local club..so for you to assume that someone is not capable of doing so is just rude..but its all good ..goodluck happy reefing to you..

Sorry if you took it as bashing.. It was not my intent.. Awesome that your tank is full of SPS... I never said you weren't capable, but a video of unwrapping a stand just feels like a slap in the face for the people who took the time to read the directions and actually do a review of a product for the contest. I'm sorry that you didn't realize/read the directions before posting it.. Just kind of seems wrong when there are really good other videos getting bumped out by yours.. You might be deserving I truly don't know... I'm going off your video submission alone...happy reefing to you too

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but I agree with Mattie. 900+ votes for something that isn't even a review! Come on.. it says it has to be review not a "Show off my tank" video. Its nothing against you but that is what the rules said.

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread seems to be pretty controversial. I do agree about the 900+ votes for a video that isn't a review.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to concur...
Though I think it's nice you have 900+ votes, as I'm assuming those people may have seen your other reviews.
The directions for the contest say to let us know a little about yourself, your tank and then video a review of an aquarium product.
If those are the rules, then many who may get high votes may be cast off by the Marinedepot team at the end of the contest for not following the directions. Unfortunently, if they are choosing people to review for them, I'm sure they have some strict rules about the products they send out to review and if following the original rules weren't met, then how can they assume those people will follow their rules?
With that said....I know everyone gets amped when they hear fun stuff like 'be a product tester' and they may just go by popular vote...who knows?
All I know is I will keep voting for those I feel gave good concise reviews!

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to concur...
Though I think it's nice you have 900+ votes, as I'm assuming those people may have seen your other reviews.
The directions for the contest say to let us know a little about yourself, your tank and then video a review of an aquarium product.
If those are the rules, then many who may get high votes may be cast off by the Marinedepot team at the end of the contest for not following the directions. Unfortunently, if they are choosing people to review for them, I'm sure they have some strict rules about the products they send out to review and if following the original rules weren't met, then how can they assume those people will follow their rules?
With that said....I know everyone gets amped when they hear fun stuff like 'be a product tester' and they may just go by popular vote...who knows?
All I know is I will keep voting for those I feel gave good concise reviews!

Definitely Agree and I gotta say its a beautiful tank and stand but the video was terrible IMO I don't doubt you have helped many people and your other reviews could be awesome maybe thats why you have 900 + likes but I think you dropped the ball with this one once again just my opinion

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my first video I ever made sorry if it wasnt up to par made that with my phone and edited with my phone..I bought a cannon 70d recently and learning how to use it..will have some better video quality and pics to up on my build threads..im not a professional video or photo guy but im learning. ..

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but I agree with Mattie. 900+ votes for something that isn't even a review! Come on.. it says it has to be review not a "Show off my tank" video. Its nothing against you but that is what the rules said.

dude I get that already. ..that was a partial revuew I did show how well leemar built their tanks and stands its just I didn't talk much on that video it was my first vid ever...

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if you took it as bashing.. It was not my intent.. Awesome that your tank is full of SPS... I never said you weren't capable, but a video of unwrapping a stand just feels like a slap in the face for the people who took the time to read the directions and actually do a review of a product for the contest. I'm sorry that you didn't realize/read the directions before posting it.. Just kind of seems wrong when there are really good other videos getting bumped out by yours.. You might be deserving I truly don't know... I'm going off your video submission alone...happy reefing to you too
its all good...if you look at it that was a partial review of how well leemar built their tanks and stand I showing off the quality. .it was my first vid to document my progress..theres 5 spots I think you got one of them already. .great video by the way question for you isnt the output of that reactor for biopelets supposed to be plumbed into the skimmer inlet just curious hows it working out for you..

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my first video I ever made sorry if it wasnt up to par made that with my phone and edited with my phone..I bought a cannon 70d recently and learning how to use it..will have some better video quality and pics to up on my build threads..im not a professional video or photo guy but im learning. ..

It's all good bro I completely understand I wish you the best in the competition and look forward to seeing more videos in the future....

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its all good...if you look at it that was a partial review of how well leemar built their tanks and stand I showing off the quality. .it was my first vid to document my progress..theres 5 spots I think you got one of them already. .great video by the way question for you isnt the output of that reactor for biopelets supposed to be plumbed into the skimmer inlet just curious hows it working out for you..

Biopellets can be plumbed directly into your skimmer and the is the recommended way of doing it, how ever with the output next to the skimmer intake I am not seeing any difference if it were Plummed into the skimmer.

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biopellets can be plumbed directly into your skimmer and the is the recommended way of doing it, how ever with the output next to the skimmer intake I am not seeing any difference if it were Plummed into the skimmer.
Thanks for the reply goodluck to you again

cobergas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad I found this thread. As it is highly possible that some votes are not true or real votes. I found a flaw in the voting system and pointed it out to Marine Depot. I was told today about what they plan on doing and I will be happy with the results. Yeah, I did a product review of a urine sample cup, but I wanted to pick something that was different to stand out and try to make someone laugh. It is highly unlikely that within one hour 50 votes can be driven one way. Let's just say that. As for people given things away to drive traffic and votes I see nothing wrong with it because it drives traffic to MD.com which in turn is what they are looking for.

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? That's weird. What did they say they were gonna do? I had friends saying when they voted some videos went up 5 votes...
I did find your video really interesting and I'll definetly use it. It is possible to go up 50 in an hour if you posted it to a large community of people though.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad I found this thread. As it is highly possible that some votes are not true or real votes. I found a flaw in the voting system and pointed it out to Marine Depot. I was told today about what they plan on doing and I will be happy with the results. Yeah, I did a product review of a urine sample cup, but I wanted to pick something that was different to stand out and try to make someone laugh. It is highly unlikely that within one hour 50 votes can be driven one way. Let's just say that. As for people given things away to drive traffic and votes I see nothing wrong with it because it drives traffic to MD.com which in turn is what they are looking for.

Cober I did like your video and it was a really good watch I even voted for you. I agree the voting system and flawed. The problem with the whole thing was Marine Depot didn't post any rules as to the voting. I agree offering a frag is a smart idea brings good traffic to MD. Is there something more you would like to say because it seems like your are eluding to things but do not want to come out and say what your Hinting behind? I do find it interesting that you say contacted Marine Depot and are happy with what they said to you, but then you don't say what it is on here?

Last edited:

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cober I did like your video and it was a really good watch I even voted for you. I agree the voting system and flawed. The problem with the whole thing was Marine Depot didn't post any rules as to the voting. I agree offering a frag is a smart idea brings good traffic the MD. Is there something more you would like to say because it seems like your are eluding to things but so not want to come out and say what your Hinting behind? I do find it interesting that you say contacted Marine Depot and are happy with what they said to you but you don't say what it is on here?

+ 1 care to elaborate on this

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cober I did like your video and it was a really good watch I even voted for you. I agree the voting system and flawed. The problem with the whole thing was Marine Depot didn't post any rules as to the voting. I agree offering a frag is a smart idea brings good traffic to MD. Is there something more you would like to say because it seems like your are eluding to things but do not want to come out and say what your Hinting behind? I do find it interesting that you say contacted Marine Depot and are happy with what they said to you, but then you don't say what it is on here?

+1 again, why won't you tell us?

cobergas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No angry talk. Just proving that people are stacking the voting system. Which if I wanted to sit and do this all day I would but I found that by actually getting people driven to the Marine Depot page worked better for me. What stinks is instead of trying to do right people find the loopholes. Marine Depot has stated that they are aware of the cheating and will be sitting down to disqualify the ones who have improperly submitted votes. Sorry!

1508132_334430570029436_58585631_n.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back