Marineland 60 Gallon drilling & overflow information

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Messages
26
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have a brand new Marineland 60 (48x13x24 ) gallon that I want to upgrade my reef into and thus I would like to drill it and install bulkheads and an overflow. I admit I am a total noob when it comes to drilling, plumbing, and all that as I have just an AIO right now. I would just like to information on how to start this process up. Just how exactly to find out where to drill holes, I would prefer to do a side overflow, where to get the overflow exactly, etc.

Thanks
 
Confirm if the bottom is tempered, most likely it is. Pick a bulkhead so you know what size hole to drill. Search you tube videos on how to
 
What pump are you going to use? For most pumps a 3/4 bulk head will work and be compatible with lock line fittings.
 
I drilled my first tank last month. I got the Medium eshopps overflow, which comes with the drill bit and bulkhead and drill guide you need to connect the overflow. For the return hole, I bought a 3/4 drill bit at Home Depot.

I was glad that the drill bit and guide was provided with the overflow, made the whole process easier
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new