MarvinsReef Zoanthid Dominated Reef...

talk about bleaching some colors... ;)

this is exactly why I need some actinics so the corals can absorb some blue in them... ;)

Oregon Sunset 06-20-07
06-20-07_Sunset_P.jpg


Oregon Sunset 08-05-07 (lost the green skirts... :( )
08-05-07_Sunset.jpg
 
so.... a lot of my corals weren't looking their best the past day or two... just randomly checked on the salinity and it was 1.028... yikes! most of them are half open... anyway, I just did a 20% waterchange today and plan on doing another one this weekend.. hope that'll help out on turning things around.. :)

just documenting this incident... :D
 
What do you usually keep your salinity at? I've had mine get up around that number before without any problems but I keep mine at 1.026 most of the time.
 
What do you usually keep your salinity at? I've had mine get up around that number before without any problems but I keep mine at 1.026 most of the time.

1.025 - 1.026 normally...

I'm gonna experiment on keeping it 1.024...

I've kept it around 1.023 before on the old tank...
 
I've noticed that palys do not like high salinity, but I've heard of people keeping their salinity higher than 1.026. They claim that their livestock flourish under a slightly higher salinity. Is it better to be over or under?
 
I've noticed that palys do not like high salinity, but I've heard of people keeping their salinity higher than 1.026. They claim that their livestock flourish under a slightly higher salinity. Is it better to be over or under?

I think the best salinity is "what works best for your tank conditions"... :)

it's all different but natural salt water is between 1.025-1.026 if I remember correctly..
 
Thanks Steve and edwing206.. :)

no FTS and no Helfrich's yet... I hope to get things situated and take a new FTS in the next week or two.. I'm not sure when I'll get the Helfrich's.. I've been waiting for quite some time now.. :(
 
Marv,

Nice shot of those new ones. I have them too but haven't had any time to do anything with my tank lately, let alone take pics, so hopefully all is well with it. Dave said he has had them for some time and they have only gotten better so shouldn't be tough to keep the colors.
 
Marv,

Nice shot of those new ones. I have them too but haven't had any time to do anything with my tank lately, let alone take pics, so hopefully all is well with it. Dave said he has had them for some time and they have only gotten better so shouldn't be tough to keep the colors.
good to know.. :)

what did he call them again? was it Grave Diggers? I was looking into the swap thread and I was having trouble finding it..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new