Media reactor for nano help

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I’m looking to get a media reactor to use GFO, or some other phosphate remover for my Waterbox 20, only issue is space for a reactor and setting it up!

I’ve been looking at the two little fishies phos ban reactor 50, but I’d have to figure out a way to hang it off the back of my Waterbox. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions before I pull the trigger on one?

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use tho, but I’m really tempted to try this

the idea of a phos remover that keeps po4 around 0.04 for consistency’s sake is a dream, but everyone’s said it’s best used in a reactor

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1682097846371.png

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put the media in the sock it should work really good, you could give it a try and then if it does not work get the TLF 150, they do make a smaller one but it is pricey. I have Rowa Phos and it is a PITA. Much better choices out there for ease of use.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put the media in the sock it should work really good, you could give it a try and then if it does not work get the TLF 150, they do make a smaller one but it is pricey. I have Rowa Phos and it is a PITA. Much better choices out there for ease of use.
It’s a pain bc I’ve already removed the sock, and use this instead

Attachments

• IMG_5355.jpeg
    IMG_5355.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like the 2 little fishies reactor. Its very cheap material and requires lots of tweeking.

Take a look at the aquamaxx hob media reactor, its the same price as the 2 little fishies one, but million times better quality.

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on the aquamaxx. I was actually able to put two in the back chamber of my AIO JBJ - if you can’t fit them then the hang on aquamaxx is a solid choice

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Aqua Max in a 14g, great reactor just remember to add floss if using rowa the sponges move with the flow, releasing the rowa.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy an water filter canister, an sicce 0.5 or a small 12vdc pump and a few rodi 1/4 fitting and either 3/8 or 1/4 line..

When i had the AIO i used this as a mix of carbon and gfo layered and mixed to stop clumping.. these filter canisters are great and will fit in the back easy...
If you used the sicce just trim/slice off the hose barbs and will thread straight into the housing...if you go the 12v. just cut a small piece of hose to used as a press in fitting... cjheap and cheerful and does the job well

gfo.jpg gfo1.jpg gfo2.jpg gfo3.jpg

Last edited:

JJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I’m looking to get a media reactor to use GFO, or some other phosphate remover for my Waterbox 20, only issue is space for a reactor and setting it up!

I’ve been looking at the two little fishies phos ban reactor 50, but I’d have to figure out a way to hang it off the back of my Waterbox. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions before I pull the trigger on one?
Lifereef makes a hang-on reactor for GFO and any larger granular media. Call them as it is not on the website. It looks just like the media reactor on their media reactor page but it is a hang-on vs the one shown that sets in their sump rack.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone!! I’m currently dosing fluconazole, so trying that first then I’m going to look at setting up a reactor. I’ve decided to do a TLF little reactor, and use a sicce nano on it! Thank you all for the help

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a tlf 150 reactor on a 10 gallon.. I am running gfo and purigen in it. With the included ball valve tuning was simple. It's an aio tank so I used a 400gph pump in the return chamber, used a barb splitter and with soft tubing have the reactor underneath the tank in a small cabinet. I used u-bend hardware attached to the back of the tank for a cleaner look. So far it's working great.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back