melanurus with leopard wrasse????

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a beautiful leopard wrasse and my melanurus wrasse is chasing him really bad. What should I do!? I thought they were compatable. Any advice!?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally I would think they would be but there's always that chance. What size tank are they in? Has the leopard tried to bury in the sand yet?

OP
OP
Briguy350

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75g lots of rock. The leopard buried himself after the melanurus wrasse was chasing him. I tried to get the melanurus so I can throw him in my acclimation box and now he buried himself too. I just don't want to loose the leopard wrasse always lived them and finally got my hands on a really nice one. Was gonna give the melanurus a little time out.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider an acclimation box in the future so they can get used to each other. Maybe a little nap in the sand is just what is needed though.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are all together ...alittle bickering at first, but they settled in after a day or so...mine are all about the same size or so much smaller they aren't a threat. If the fighting continues or one or the other stops eating and refuses to come out I would remove the aggresser for a few days until the weaker is acclimated and eating again..

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a number of wrasses, potters , leopard , melanarus, Vanuatu , banana, mystery, yellow coris, radiant all in a 180 gallon with a sand bed. Acclimation tank is always good idea but since its a little late,and you probably can't catch them now anyway, try heavy feeding for a few days

jbsmurf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue star with my mellie and they do well butni introduced my blue star late at night after the mellie buried itself. So he woke up and bam....

Samsung Galaxy S III

OP
OP
Briguy350

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scarred the melanurus trying to catch him last night and he hurried himself and the leopard came out. But today I still haven't seen the leopard and it's like the
melanurus wrasse is looking for him. He's quite a bit bigger in size. I'm still gonna try and catch him so leopard can come out. Sucks when this stuff happens.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back