Metasorb for heavy metals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent Triton test showed elevated tin (Sn), Zinc (Zn), and iron (Fe.)
I cut way back on my iron supplement and can’t find a bit of exposed metal in or around the tank.

The recommendations included 6x15% water changes.

Has anyone use TLF Metasorb for this problem, rather than water changes? It would be much cheaper than the salt for my system.

OP
OP
C

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out it went away by itself...who knows!?!

I, however, have had high Cr. I used CuLator (Metasorb for spas) and it was removed. When I took the CuLator out it was back.

MARK M. DAVIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CSb123, WOW! you put a chemical in your tank that's used in SPA's. No data on effects on coral and fish. You are a brave soul!!! I wouldn't prescribe to adding a $10. chemical to potential kill my $$$$$ in coral and fish. I'm glad it worked. Long term. Maybe you can figure out how the Cr got into your tank in the first place. Eliminate source and get water Triton tested, as your baseline. Next, document all additives, salts, or changes to your routine and Triton test periodically to determine entry point of heavy metals or other elements.

OP
OP
C

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CuLator is the same as Metasorb. The other “spa” product that we use is Lanathum chloride. It’s cheaper than reef branded products.

Back