Milk cartons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my first round of triton other method. I was hoping to just dose it right out of the bottles but they switched to the milk cartons is any one dosing directly out of the milk cartons.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can’t see that a single customer is happy with that change. I am considering going to the triton method and that is a real disappointment and is almost making me change my mind. It would be so much easier to dose from the bottles and just looks way more professional.

Bottom line is they need to find other ways to cut cost like starting with whoever came up with that idea at triton.

OP
OP
Mrx7899

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a little disappointed when they switch to the milk cartons. I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what the quality of the milk carton is but I'll probably just come up with a DIY container.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I will probably just use some voss water bottles like another member on here uses. Went by kroger but they only had the smaller size.

376A10EE-EC74-4B01-A85D-CF1458D31FA0.jpeg

Would have preferred this and just swap out bottles.

CCB55BC3-5D25-4D2A-BD8B-13C9C3DBE0EA.jpeg

I guess triton can always go to this next.

3D93319B-6878-4E92-8E60-E56F287BD868.jpeg

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can’t see that a single customer is happy with that change. I am considering going to the triton method and that is a real disappointment and is almost making me change my mind. It would be so much easier to dose from the bottles and just looks way more professional.

Bottom line is they need to find other ways to cut cost like starting with whoever came up with that idea at triton.

I´m am and I will change all my chemicals to this type of package.

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of reasons - energy effective both in storage, transport into production and transport out to consumer. Minimal waste and can be sorted as burnables - important in many northen countries that use distant heating of residences. Based mostly on renewable resources - low carbon dioxide footprints and so on. Very low plastic content.

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do not use it - if the package its more important that the content.

For me - the content and the philosophy is important and the fact that the company thinks about the environment is an extra plus.

As I understand - You are not even using their products but You know for sure that its crap

If so - do not use it - nobody force you to do that

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my first round of triton other method. I was hoping to just dose it right out of the bottles but they switched to the milk cartons is any one dosing directly out of the milk cartons.

I have not yet get the new package but I´m going to make a thin hole in the package and dose directly from it. The square form makes it to be more compact in my sump cabinet

Sincerely Lasse

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do not use it - if the package its more important that the content.

For me - the content and the philosophy is important and the fact that the company thinks about the environment is an extra plus.

As I understand - You are not even using their products but You know for sure that its crap

If so - do not use it - nobody force you to do that

Sincerely Lasse

It’s obvious you posted just to cause drama. Your reasoning is nonsense. Do you really think a leaky milk carton is more environmentally friendly. The only reason Triton changed the packaging was for their profit margin. They do not care the least bit about the environment. Once again greed is more important than the consumer. Lucky for them they have consumers like you that don’t know any better.

Sincerely Daltrey

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9607d4dee809b279e483e1ab3704134a.jpg
I think kamilo beach, hi, Is more than enough reason for there to be less plastic in the world. I dont use triton, but made diy dosing containers for BRS 2 part that the pre measured size come in bags.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son is always taking recyclables out of the trash behind me, that constant reminding has helped me to think twice. @Lasse you europeans have been at the forefront in renewables and energy for generations, its still
an inconvenience for some here, a few more generations. I knew what the basis was for when I heard about the switch. My son also informed me that Paper is not the big concern (glut) its plastics. also that paper will return to the earth along with trees are renewable, we cut 1 we plant 1.

Back on subject I plan on using triton or red sea soon and was thinking about this, I may have to reem the barb to fit the acrylic tube and just use the cartons. Just like a juice box!
barb.jpg

sorry mods I didn't see the post

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 79 47.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back