Milk cartons

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by Mrx7899, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

Just ordered my first round of triton other method. I was hoping to just dose it right out of the bottles but they switched to the milk cartons is any one dosing directly out of the milk cartons.

Tags:

2. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Honestly I can’t see that a single customer is happy with that change. I am considering going to the triton method and that is a real disappointment and is almost making me change my mind. It would be so much easier to dose from the bottles and just looks way more professional.

Bottom line is they need to find other ways to cut cost like starting with whoever came up with that idea at triton.

3. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed when they switch to the milk cartons. I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what the quality of the milk carton is but I'll probably just come up with a DIY container.

4. Daltrey

Yeah, I will probably just use some voss water bottles like another member on here uses. Went by kroger but they only had the smaller size.

376A10EE-EC74-4B01-A85D-CF1458D31FA0.jpeg

Would have preferred this and just swap out bottles.

CCB55BC3-5D25-4D2A-BD8B-13C9C3DBE0EA.jpeg

I guess triton can always go to this next.

3D93319B-6878-4E92-8E60-E56F287BD868.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    NowGlazeIT, Tobbe and mac-reefer like this.
  5. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

I´m am and I will change all my chemicals to this type of package.

Sincerely Lasse

6. Fishfinder

Fishfinder Valuable Member

Back on this again?

sneub and Lasse like this.
  7. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

:) :)

Sincerely Lasse

sneub likes this.
  8. Daltrey

Is there a particular reason?

9. Lasse

Lot of reasons - energy effective both in storage, transport into production and transport out to consumer. Minimal waste and can be sorted as burnables - important in many northen countries that use distant heating of residences. Based mostly on renewable resources - low carbon dioxide footprints and so on. Very low plastic content.

Sincerely Lasse

Sallstrom and NowGlazeIT like this.
  10. Daltrey

Ok. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. For everyone else it's crap.

11. Lasse

When do not use it - if the package its more important that the content.

For me - the content and the philosophy is important and the fact that the company thinks about the environment is an extra plus.

As I understand - You are not even using their products but You know for sure that its crap

If so - do not use it - nobody force you to do that

Sincerely Lasse

12. Lasse

I have not yet get the new package but I´m going to make a thin hole in the package and dose directly from it. The square form makes it to be more compact in my sump cabinet

Sincerely Lasse

13. Daltrey

It’s obvious you posted just to cause drama. Your reasoning is nonsense. Do you really think a leaky milk carton is more environmentally friendly. The only reason Triton changed the packaging was for their profit margin. They do not care the least bit about the environment. Once again greed is more important than the consumer. Lucky for them they have consumers like you that don’t know any better.

Sincerely Daltrey

14. Lasse

And you are trolling down a company even if you do not use their products. Talk about drama - your surname must be Williams.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    cmcoker and teller like this.
  15. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

[​IMG] I think kamilo beach, hi, Is more than enough reason for there to be less plastic in the world. I dont use triton, but made diy dosing containers for BRS 2 part that the pre measured size come in bags.

pelphrey and Lasse like this.
  16. Lasse

When the arguments run dry.........

Sincerely Lasse

17. Shep

Shep Acan Connoisseur Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Stay on topic and avoid personal attack or I will be forced to lock the thread. This is the only warning

18. siggy

siggy Which way do I go R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

My son is always taking recyclables out of the trash behind me, that constant reminding has helped me to think twice. @Lasse you europeans have been at the forefront in renewables and energy for generations, its still
    an inconvenience for some here, a few more generations. I knew what the basis was for when I heard about the switch. My son also informed me that Paper is not the big concern (glut) its plastics. also that paper will return to the earth along with trees are renewable, we cut 1 we plant 1.

Back on subject I plan on using triton or red sea soon and was thinking about this, I may have to reem the barb to fit the acrylic tube and just use the cartons. Just like a juice box!
    barb.jpg

sorry mods I didn't see the post

Sallstrom and Lasse like this.
  19. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

[​IMG]. I used photoshop to take 2 clipart pictures and layer them then printed with a label printer. These are temporary 3 water bottles. Will do something out of glass after my stand is complete.

20. Fishfinder

Fishfinder Valuable Member

That's cool!

DSC reef likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted