turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,

i think have solved my monti problems.

for the last few months, verytime i add a frag of a monti, it would grow like crazy for a few weeks and then die from the middle and the edge would hold on for a while.
everytime, the same thing.

i have a pretty full reef, but only have one small monti frag left. same thing dying from the middle but still growing and colorful on the edges.

i flipped on the lights this morning and saw at least 6 nudis on the small frag.

i am thinking that i should just throw the frag away and go without montis for a couple months?

i have no other montis in the tank, and nothing else seems affected. is 6-8 weeks long enough without montis to starve them?

thanks

bob

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have delt with these in my 500g, they actually can be killed off using a regiment of flat-worm exit. This also works for zoa eating nudis too. I usually dose 2-3x the recommended and follow the instructions closely. I repeat every 7 days for 3 weeks. Most of the time reefers pass on the nudis because they like to lay eggs and hide under the cap in the dark crevices during the day. You can also go monti-less for a few months as all I have ever seen them on is montipora species so they should starve to death.

Coral RX dip kills them also, but you need to scrape off the eggs.

OP
OP
turbo21

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i am just going to go monti less for a few months and starve em out

bob

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i am just going to go monti less for a few months and starve em out

bob

That's what I did. I removed all my small monti frags from the display and dipped them weekly and kept the display without monti's for about six months. I haven't seen them in a few months now and I'm about to start reintroducing them to the display.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back