Monti maybe

wagner7123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some LR off a guy on Craigslist for $20. When I went to pick it up all the rocks were sitting in a bucket with no water. Apparently they had been for a couple days. Additionally they were sitting outside (it was 45 below for most of that time). I assumed it was all dead rock at that point so I left it in my garage for another week then washed it all in fresh water to blast off any dead crap. then i put it in a big plastic tub with a protein skimmer for a week the SG was 1.023. I never had any kind of cycle in the tub so i put it in my tank. No cycle in my tank either other than a slight nitrate spike and a massive diatom bloom. all of that was about a month ago. the bloom is finally gone and I am seeing tons of life. Pods and coralline, feather dusters, tons of stuff. I noticed this thing yesterday, is it a coral? is it dead?

Attachments

• coral 3.jpg
    coral 3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 180

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it is living at this point though that white part is all dead and it will spread to the rest of the coral if you don't cut the dead white skeleton off

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some kind of favia yes a exacting would work perfect just cut all the white flesh off

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porites or maybe even a lepto. Hard to say from the pic, and without something for size reference.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt ur cutting that with an exato knife try a dremel and if that sat in a bucket with temp below 70 I can't believe anything is still alive besides the pods

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.7%
Back