moving aquarium

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am swapping out my dt tank for a new one. whats the best way to move the tanks? sunction cups? Furniture dolly? what does everyone use. im wanting to make this as easy as possible. what suction do I need to get. If a furniture dolly will also work I am leaning towards the one in the link below.

Furniture dolly

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size/approximate weight of the two tanks? That’s the most important factor to consider. Do you have people to help you?

Suction cups can be incredibly useful, just divide the weight of the tank by the amount each cup can hold to find out how many you need, with a safety margin too of course. Not strictly necessary, but can make getting a grip easier, especially if you don’t have a lot of help.

Depending on how far the tanks have to move, I would suggest a fridge dolly over furniture dolly. Built much sturdier and can handle more weight.

Alternatively, depending on your budget, you could hire movers to do it for you. It might sound ridiculous, but they’ll get it done fast, and if they drop the tank, they pay for it. Again, depending on the size/location of the tank, I would give this option some consideration, especially if you’re already having to buy/rent equipment to do the move.
Cost me $400 to move a 230 gallon out of a guys basement, dismantle the stand, move to my town 100km away, and set up in my basement. Didn’t have to lift a finger. Best $400 I ever spent.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 people, one on each corner.
We moved this 180g with 3/4” glass weighing 468lbs from the street, 100 feet into the house.
A4898524-031B-47D9-96DF-3493193551EF.jpeg

Back