My 75 Gallon Build

NorCal Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
86
Reaction score
357
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I joined R2R after I got my tank going but I’ll post some more pics and explain my setup a little more. This is my first saltwater tank and it is an aquarium masters 75 gallon. For lighting I went with the 48” reef Breeders photon v2 which I am very happy with. I didn’t feel confident about drilling the aquarium and I do not trust a hob overflow so I went with a fluval fx4 canister filter as my main filtration. I have an octo classic 2000 hob skimmer which has worked very well so far. I also have a Seachem tidal 110 which I use to keep a bag of carbon and my zeolite media. I have been using the zeovit system since the beginning. Kinda going through a little algae period right now but the tank is only 4 months old and it is clearing up.

Almost all the coral in my tank are from Aqua SD and I have been extremely happy with them. I have tried to keep everything at beginner level and hopefully in a few more months I will be able to show some pics of some nice colonies.

Sorry for the long post but I hope you like the pics. Sorry, no filter so basic iPhone pics. Any feedback/ advice will be greatly appreciated.

BD953CBA-366F-4BD8-90BA-174657E5DA51.jpeg


4FD224B0-90DF-44FF-BA2A-E8DA4B72FB00.jpeg


DE6810CD-4DFE-4F3D-92B1-7516C064D6FA.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R! Your tank looks great. I've used Fluval canisters for years on my freshwater tanks. Rock solid filters. I like them a lot. When you get ready to drill a tank some day, BRS has a very good how to drill video. Easy peezy. Just a bit nerve wracking. ;)
 
The tank looks great and welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new