My new onyx.... :)

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my new onyx pair today . they are so tiny, they are around 1/2 inch and around 3/4 inch. tiny little guys :) anyways hard to pics of them but here are a few that i could get....

DSC03251.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

Last edited:

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet, you will have to call that one 2 spot (lol)

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehehe. yeah they are so tiny they are just sooooo cute. i cant wait til all their coloring starts coming in...

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, will the spots widen to cover the clowns? I dont know much about the onyx.....CONGRATS!!!!!!

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes and they are supposed to be very nice as they develop. the smallest one already has black tips on his pectoral fins.
perry- yes they will continue to deveop as they get a lil older. i will be taking regular pics of them to show the progress of their colors coming in...

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they aquacultured? I will be interested to see if they really do end up developing full bands...

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tyree--- yes they are. purchased here in the tampa area from a guy who is breeding them. my lfs owner has a pair from this guy and they started out without a ton of coloring and as they get older their lines fill in and get all of their black.

mltascp

Alabama Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, as soon as I get my 90 gal frag tank up and running I want a pair of onyx clowns. They are one of my fav's.

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks mltascp------ i know its all the rage to have snowflakes or picassos but the onyx are my favorite. so ive been waiting for a whie for these and was so excited when they were finally ready :)

christosclowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome well amanda im the one that you met in pierres store who breeds them lol. I am so excited that you posted pix i tried to get them to you as soon as possible and im happy that your happy here is a pic when I was growing them up lol

49895026.jpg

50015029.jpg

And here is mom and dad

family029.jpg

017.jpg

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cristo---- hi! wow, im glad you joined us here !!!! :) im very happy with the little guys they are just so adorable. i am keeping them in the tank in a breeder net for the time being just to make sure they are safe from the bigger fishes :) thanks sooooo much!!!!

christosclowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your welcome they will do fine in there for a little while. Be sure they get good water flow on them those breeder nets get filled with debris so you will have to clean them. I have some biocubes that I am getting rid of. They are 8 gallon oceanic biocubes im selling them for 60 a piece. they hav e lighting filtration everything. Just let me know and i can bring it to pierres or you can come to my restaurant in new port richey and ill give you one. You can set up there own lil aquarium let me know. And my name is erik by the way and If you have any questions let me know. Feed them cyclopeeze and crushed pellet. They will take any fine chopped seafood as well see you amanda. If you have any questions or you want to talk to me about the tank or the clowns call me 727 967 0120 see ya

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really love to see some updates on your clowns, I would like to see if those white bands really do fill in...

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will keep this post updated often with new pics to show their progress...

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh by the way i got them at Coral Corral in tampa and yes were thru Erik.

"hi pierre -waving-"

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just an update....

clowns are now in my 120 and doing fine. they are still fairly small but the only other fish in the tank with them are a purple firefish and a male and female mandarin. everyone is getting along well

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 72 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 9.0%
Back