nano reef help please

jared185

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am new to the site but not new to saltwater lol. Now apprently here recently I have went nano reef crazy I have a 20 gal set up and its doing great. However I just found a new tank an oceanic 14 gal biocube. Bought it on craigslist, was listed as a 29 gal and drove 100 miles 1 way to pick it up turned out to be a 14gal when I got there and the guy guve it to me for 45 dollars instead of the 150 he was asking originally for the 29 so I went for it. Anyway ive never had a tank this small or a biocube. My question is in the middle compartment where the bioballs(that I already threw away) went I was going to set up a refugium with macro algae is this a good or bad idea. Ive heard that on a tank this size it could be good and bad. Also is there any mods that need to be done that will help a reef. Besides lighting because I want to keep the hood on. Thanks for any replies.
 
Refugium is good but if you do weekly water changes and don't overstock the tank like some people do you the water changes will be fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new