aaronpage01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching for refugiums for my 20 gallon salt tank i found little to nothing that would work or was sold to fit that product need. I was wondering if anyone else has found a company that makes this, or has any experience making their own?
I made my own using a breeder box then adding a pump to it, aquarium masters carbon, marinepure ceramic gems, and im waiting for macro from algaebarn.
After struggling to find an inlet pump small enough for my need, but not too small either, i ended up restricting water flow into the pump by closing the intake tubing hole about halfway with reef glue.
My intention is for them to get by off the coral light i have on the display tank, which shines a fair bit of light over my “hob refugium” too. Any suggestions to improve this if you dont know of a company that already makes a purpose built one for my needs?

thanks for taking the time to read :)

3F4AE88F-0961-4CDB-9BE1-699294647582.jpeg

OP
OP
A

aaronpage01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There actually are some really nice HOB refugiums you could add if you are looking for one?

Hey, thanks for the reply! Ive seen those actually, and they look super sweet. My main issue is theyre still too big for my tank. I have corner shaped tank with two flat back sides and a bowfront, and even if i didnt have other hardware in the way, itd cover a large portion of the limited viewing space. I really wish there was a model out there made for smaller tanks like mine. My diy one seems to be working great for now, just wish i could get something that looks a bit more clean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 83

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FijiCube makes an amazingly clean HOB fuge.

Their website might have more options.

OP
OP
A

aaronpage01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FijiCube makes an amazingly clean HOB fuge.

Their website might have more options.
Thats definitely the best option ive seen so far for my needs, thanks!

edit- weird though they offer a “medium” and “large”, hob fuge, but i dont see a small even on fiji’s own site haha. The medium seems like itd fit from first glance at the dimensions though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back