Need to lower the flow.

Pennywise the Clown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
613
Reaction score
584
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I picked up a bubble tip anemone. Unfortunately the foot was torn slightly by the store worker when removing from the rock. I decided to take my chances with it after reassurances from the shop.
It has attached to my rock work but the damaged part of the foot has not attached.
I have lowered the flow on my power heads to around 20% to make sure that I don't blow the nem off the rock and to give the foot a chance to heal.
I have a few sps, a couple of birds nests and acros and was wondering how and for how long they will cope with the lower flow.
 
They will be fine for a while. The ocean has long periods of calm and as long as your parameters are in line and do not shift it should be ok for a couple of weeks. I'm dubious that the nem will live but it is possible. Keep us posted.
 
They will be fine for a while. The ocean has long periods of calm and as long as your parameters are in line and do not shift it should be ok for a couple of weeks. I'm dubious that the nem will live but it is possible. Keep us posted.
24hrs in and things look pretty good. The nem seems to have fully attached now and looks healthy.

Strangely, under a very much reduced flow, polyp extension on my birds nests and purple bonsai look better than ever.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new