Need to lower the flow.

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I picked up a bubble tip anemone. Unfortunately the foot was torn slightly by the store worker when removing from the rock. I decided to take my chances with it after reassurances from the shop.
It has attached to my rock work but the damaged part of the foot has not attached.
I have lowered the flow on my power heads to around 20% to make sure that I don't blow the nem off the rock and to give the foot a chance to heal.
I have a few sps, a couple of birds nests and acros and was wondering how and for how long they will cope with the lower flow.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine for a while. The ocean has long periods of calm and as long as your parameters are in line and do not shift it should be ok for a couple of weeks. I'm dubious that the nem will live but it is possible. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine for a while. The ocean has long periods of calm and as long as your parameters are in line and do not shift it should be ok for a couple of weeks. I'm dubious that the nem will live but it is possible. Keep us posted.
24hrs in and things look pretty good. The nem seems to have fully attached now and looks healthy.

Strangely, under a very much reduced flow, polyp extension on my birds nests and purple bonsai look better than ever.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back