Need to upgrade

Snakebit05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m turning my FOWLR into a mixed reef. I have 2 current us pro 72” LED currently on there now, thought it would be enough to keep lps, softies atleast. I bought a par meter and the highest parts of rock are only 100-120 which would be ok if I wanted to keep everything in top 1/4 of tank. So I need some help with what I should do, and price doesn’t matter so I’m not looking for cheap but don’t want to over spend either and don’t want to have to ever upgrade. Tanks 72x24x30 and has 5 compartments that are split with braces, so each open compartment is roughly 24x14. Should I keep the 72” led strips and do a supplement or sale 72” and start new with 2 32” 3 16” 5 16” theres so many options and trying to minimize shadows from so many braces if running a longer light.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m turning my FOWLR into a mixed reef. I have 2 current us pro 72” LED currently on there now, thought it would be enough to keep lps, softies atleast. I bought a par meter and the highest parts of rock are only 100-120 which would be ok if I wanted to keep everything in top 1/4 of tank. So I need some help with what I should do, and price doesn’t matter so I’m not looking for cheap but don’t want to over spend either and don’t want to have to ever upgrade. Tanks 72x24x30 and has 5 compartments that are split with braces, so each open compartment is roughly 24x14. Should I keep the 72” led strips and do a supplement or sale 72” and start new with 2 32” 3 16” 5 16” theres so many options and trying to minimize shadows from so many braces if running a longer light.
I have the same problem myself. Started with a 30 gallon tank running 2 36" current orbits. They grow zoas, shrooms, and euphyllias decent. Got hooked on reefing and corals and decided bigger is better so I'm moving everything to a 75. After much research i ended up with 2 radion xr15w pros and decided to use the current strips as filler to eliminate shadowing. So maybe keep them for filler and get some xr30's or hydra 52's centered between the braces.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back