New blasto help

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just purchased my very first blasto, I drip acclimated and dipped now he is in the tank, is this picture normal? It looks like he is squeezing stuff out like little greenish yellow things, please tell me this is normal

8A520784-FBE3-4D9C-8DE5-D7B40A8085D0.jpeg 529B2EC1-156A-4AD6-8332-A1475E4EDD82.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience grasshopper, patience.

Corals need a day or so to acclimate and sometimes longer. It just got yanked from its home, stuffed in a plastic bag, transported some distance, yanked out of that bag, stuffed in a drip acclimation container, yanked from that container, and placed in an entirely new environment. Ever take a long trip to a foreign country with completely different weather and time zone? It kinda feels like that. It needs some time.

Patience, grasshopper.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Patience grasshopper, patience.

Corals need a day or so to acclimate and sometimes longer. It just got yanked from its home, stuffed in a plastic bag, transported some distance, yanked out of that bag, stuffed in a drip acclimation container, yanked from that container, and placed in an entirely new environment. Ever take a long trip to a foreign country with completely different weather and time zone? It kinda feels like that. It needs some time.

Patience, grasshopper.
Your right, I was just making sure it was “normal” in the sense that it’s not disintegrating, it’s crazy because practically all of the palys I ordered with it are all coming back out already lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I just purchased my very first blasto, I drip acclimated and dipped now he is in the tank, is this picture normal? It looks like he is squeezing stuff out like little greenish yellow things, please tell me this is normal

8A520784-FBE3-4D9C-8DE5-D7B40A8085D0.jpeg 529B2EC1-156A-4AD6-8332-A1475E4EDD82.jpeg
Turn those lights down. Go to all blue for next 36 hours, You have to set acclimation modes for coral like this. And then let it adjust to tank and conditions within tank

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right, I was just making sure it was “normal” in the sense that it’s not disintegrating, it’s crazy because practically all of the palys I ordered with it are all coming back out already lol
Palys are cockroaches (in the sense that they are literally unkillable). Never had a single paly or zoa colony stay closed more than a day or two after shipping. The bigger LPS stuff takes a minute to get used to our tanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back