New Current USA Orbit R24 LEDs

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had asked them about that. I was told that with the orbit pros, my whites should be close to 60, since my tank is 21” deep. They said be a bit more careful and they had their blues at 85 and whites at 45. So I’m not sure if that would be a starting point or not. I think that if you’re worried (I am) just adjust it down to about what you’re running now, and move it up every week or so. Or however often you should up it when acclimating.
Thanks! I ordered these last Friday, came in today….installed immediately lol. I really liked my LED strip…and I was honestly amazed at how much better the lighting was with three of them. I had to turn the numbers down a pretty good bit to match what I was running. I’ll slowly ramp them up to what’s “suggested” over the next month and go from there. The colors are pretty incredible on them. Super impressed so far.

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I ordered these last Friday, came in today….installed immediately lol. I really liked my LED strip…and I was honestly amazed at how much better the lighting was with three of them. I had to turn the numbers down a pretty good bit to match what I was running. I’ll slowly ramp them up to what’s “suggested” over the next month and go from there. The colors are pretty incredible on them. Super impressed so far.
you ever have the AI primes heard these lights are strong and can grow sps easily im waiting on one to test it out

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on mine to show up. I have looked online and haven’t seen anyone doing an unboxing, so when it finally gets here that’s my plan, to show how it is packaged and setup lol.

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these today’s because I had the strips with the par of max 160 or something nothing grew. Hopefully this will change. My whole tank is current USA so I didn’t wanted an AI. These are bright. I’m not sure I’m only running them in 50% blue and 22% white on a 20 gallon tank. Hopefully I would see some coralline growth at least.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it’s not too much to ask, can someone get a photo of the power supply, so I can see how much room I’d need kn my strip if mine ever comes in? The LOOP strips have the big plug but the older orbit marine had the brick with a normal plug.

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it’s not too much to ask, can someone get a photo of the power supply, so I can see how much room I’d need kn my strip if mine ever comes in? The LOOP strips have the big plug but the older orbit marine had the brick with a normal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 55

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! That makes it a little easier and maybe I can toss a power strip lol. Thanks :)

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80W pucks seems kinda over kill IMO. Because the spread on pucks in never that great there is no reason you need 80W in a 24 inch radius.
probably right, thinking on getting 2-3 of the R24s for my 48 inch tank and see if i can grow some sps / mix, i got the Prime 16HD but havent had much success in sps with it could be water conditions but everything else grew except the light demanded stuff

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two r24 lights with all types of coral. my tank is still pretty new so I have seen any "explosive growth" but everything is still growing

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what im hearing also current is releasing 80W pucks soon FYI
I’m wondering if they will be like the Red Sea 160s where it has a wider spread. Or more like how the AI hydras or even the Radion xr30. The R24 will be plenty for my setup but I’m always excited to see what Current does. They light all my systems and couldn’t be happier.

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if they will be like the Red Sea 160s where it has a wider spread. Or more like how the AI hydras or even the Radion xr30. The R24 will be plenty for my setup but I’m always excited to see what Current does. They light all my systems and couldn’t be happier.
not sure its definitely gonna be expensive tho thats for sure

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure its definitely gonna be expensive tho thats for sure
I’m sure it’ll be competitive. They R24s are fairly priced compared to competitors and seems to be as good, if not better.

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone using these, what settings and schedule are you running? I’m still tweaking the percentages and I’m always curious to see what everyone else is doing.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back