New From Carrollton, Texas

washingtond24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

New to the forum from Carrollton, Texas but was born and raised in Colorado Springs, Colorado which is the reason for the flag on my Avatar.

I along with my wife Tippie have two reef tanks a 75 gal that has been up now for nine years and consist of LPS and Soft corals. The other tank is a 200 gal tank that has been up for just over 4 years now and consists of SPS corals. At one time we also had three freshwater tanks but decided that was too much with all the travel I do for work.

I am looking forward to interacting with everyone on R2R.

Last edited:

Pinstripes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up? Welcome to R2R. This is the coolest forum on the internet. Good luck

pinstripes

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R David!
I grew up in Colorado Springs (for the most part -- Dad was army so we lived there 3 different times)...and I preached some in Carrolton when I first started out...and I have a 75g LPS & Softies tank and a 135g SPS tank. Other than that, we've got nothing in common :wink:
Enjoy R2R!
Mariner

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! :)
I lived in carrollton in high school and then moved out to the colony and then to frisco. i used to love it there.....
cant wait to see some pics of your tanks....!

tj51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hola David

Wow, try to escape some people and they seem to find you. David is a MOD for DFWMAS, and always conducts himself in a professional manner, is always willing to give advice, and a all-around nice guy.....he will make a welcome addition to R2R. I've seen his tank and he has more softies per gallon then anyone I've seen, but they co-exist and he has a beautiful tank.

And he won't bug everyone asking for zoa ids like some members of DFWMAS.........

tj51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! :)
I lived in carrollton in high school and then moved out to the colony and then to frisco. i used to love it there.....
cant wait to see some pics of your tanks....!

Was your high school RL Turner or Newman Smith? My sister grad. from Turner along with Robert Van Winkle aka Vanilla Ice

OP
OP
washingtond24

washingtond24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and it goes to show how small the world really is with all the people associated with Colorado and Texas. I really look forward to being here. I will be posting some pictures of our tanks today.

Wow, try to escape some people and they seem to find you. David is a MOD for DFWMAS, and always conducts himself in a professional manner, is always willing to give advice, and a all-around nice guy.....he will make a welcome addition to R2R. I've seen his tank and he has more softies per gallon then anyone I've seen, but they co-exist and he has a beautiful tank.

And he won't bug everyone asking for zoa ids like some members of DFWMAS.........

Wow Tj you are too kind and thanks for the intorduction.

OP
OP
washingtond24

washingtond24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of our tanks as promised.

This is the 200 gal at the beginning four years ago.

DSC04045.jpg

DSC_3259.jpg

DSC_3282.jpg

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went to newman smith. graduated in 94. my brother still lives there over in dallas.

really nice tank! i cant wait til my tank is colonies instead of lil frags. :) beautiful!!!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%

Back