New Guy! New Tank! Waterbox 130.4

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yourself a little favor and skooch your tank a bit to the right so that you can clean the glass easier with your cleaner magnet. Peace and Welcome.
84AB9317-A0A1-4200-B7A1-551DC6654EBE.gif

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!

I have a bit of space but it does get slightly narrow. As handy as the magnetic scrapers are, I really want to keep a clean look with this set up so will purchase a long handled scraper. What do you use? Any recommendations?

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yourself a little favor and skooch your tank a bit to the right so that you can clean the glass easier with your cleaner magnet. Peace and Welcome.
I don't think there will be much space for movement lol. Long handled it may have to be.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is crazy! Imagine not being able to have fish because of not QT'ing..

Looks good man! Smart idea having it under your DT.

I have 2 smaller tanks which I can use. Need to research a bit more on what exactly is required in terms of 1,
do I medicate everything (inc healthy looking) or just the fish that physically have something wrong?

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every fish I buy gets treated for Ich with Copper for two weeks. After that I monitor the fish for an additional two weeks in my Hospital Tank to make sure everything looks okay. If I see anything weird or if the fish is not eating, I treat for worms, flukes and that kinda thing. At this point most reefers would move the fish to their display tank, but I move the fish to my Coral Quarantine Tank for an additional 60 days. So my Quarantine process for fish is a total of 90 Days.

I play it really safe and I also want to make sure the fish is healthy as possible before going into my display tank.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!

I have a bit of space but it does get slightly narrow. As handy as the magnetic scrapers are, I really want to keep a clean look with this set up so will purchase a long handled scraper. What do you use? Any recommendations?
I use a magnet cleaner and a long handled scraper for hard bits awkward to clean.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!

I use the Tunze “long” glass Cleaner. Love it!

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys & Gals,

I wanted to ask if any of you have had any sort of regret when it comes to your aquarium, stuff like not buying a certain piece of equipment or even starting a marine reef tank in the first place?!
Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!

I love my extra long SeaChem scraper because if I accidentally drop it, it floats and doesn't bash my corals or livestock. It floats nearly every water change and cleaning ... some days more than 1x (blush).

Only regret, not adequately QT/dipping corals which let every imaginable nusance algae in, and not adequately QT/HT fish before introduction. Now our coral dip process has expanded to all three types mentioned in BRS dip video (1-hydrogen peroxide, 2-iodine based, 3-natural based .. and SHAKING since 2 & 3 don't kill anything at all :() as well as considering adding 4-Bayer dip (insecticide, not in BRS video, google if interested), as would hate any buggy pests getting in.

For fish, letting someone else do medications, etc so only healthy & eating fish arrive (vs hit miss with LFS) so now mailorder from:

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my extra long SeaChem scraper because if I accidentally drop it, it floats and doesn't bash my corals or livestock. It floats nearly every water change and cleaning ... some days more than 1x (blush).

Only regret, not adequately QT/dipping corals which let every imaginable nusance algae in, and not adequately QT/HT fish before introduction. Now our coral dip process has expanded to all three types mentioned in BRS dip video (1-hydrogen peroxide, 2-iodine based, 3-natural based .. and SHAKING since 2 & 3 don't kill anything at all :() as well as considering adding 4-Bayer dip (insecticide, not in BRS video, google if interested), as would hate any buggy pests getting in.

For fish, letting someone else do medications, etc so only healthy & eating fish arrive (vs hit miss with LFS) so now mailorder from:
Wow, cheers man I'll have a look at that now!

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy fellow Reefers!

Finally started to work on my tank!

Played around with some D-D Dry Rock and some Stax Rock (from Two Little Fishies)

I also some acrylic rods for my arch structure and used a mixture of watery glue and sand alongside Aquaforest Stonefix to put it all together.

Going to leave it for a few hours (maybe a day) and see if I am content with it. I do feel like something is missing, just not sure what?

Once I am happy I will put in Caribsea Special Grade Dry Sand.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions, heck throw in some suggestions too!

Attachments

• 20210602_202048.jpg
    20210602_202048.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 17
Back