New here! Just introducing myself

54017BBA-FDFA-4C9B-AC00-6D5B54ED0DB3.gif
 
Pretty impressive to put together a system out of the spares box!

spockwelcome.jpg
Thank you!!! I tapped the tank with the thought of keeping as much room as possible in the tank for the in habitants. The skimmer is a cheepo I think I got off Amazon last year for 30ish$, I sealed it up and taped it so it could be external. The impeller on the pump I cut slots in so it could act as a needle wheel and i made a basic Venturi out of scrap acrylic I had

15852745612587668073293363513092.jpg 15852745889948644053171825227307.jpg 1585274682632726646703970907047.jpg 15852747598573164129569485717177.jpg
 
Welcome aboard!

What is your tank sitting on? Are those 2x4's?
Yes, I know definitely not ideal :) I'm having a friend of mine cut me a slab of granite to fit the stand. He works at a cabinet/ counter supply shop.
 
Thank you all for saying hello! I did not think I would receive such a warm welcome. Some of the other forums I attempted to seek info on we're not so friendly. So thank y'all!! But please feel free to critique any thing on my little build! I would love input of any kind. And any suggestions on populating this little tank. Just please, all I ask is use the proper scientific name so I can be absolutely sure we are looking at the same thing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new