new pink streak wrasse missing

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found they don’t actually make mucous cocoons like the Fairy and Flasher Wrasses are known for.
They don’t use the sand either, instead they just tuck themselves into a secure crevice that they feel safe in and sleep in there.

interesting, I thought I read something about it somewhere on the species thread.

I did notice a decent sized patch of some mucus looking substance in one of the holes/caves the day after adding the fish but never saw it again after that.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a small pink streak wrasse who seemed to take to acclimating ok but i have not seen him since i put him in my tank yesterday afternoon. Like the second I put him in the tank he darted into the rockwork. Whats the chances that he is still alive in there? lol

Salinity 1.026
Nitrate 5.4
phosphate 0.03
alk 8
ph 7.9

tank mates
one spot foxface
White tail tang (kind of a jerk)
Lawn mower blenny
2 clowns
cleaner shrimp
lots of snails.
very shy could be hiding. Very very passive. not good for agro fish tank as they will avoid fights to the point of starving.

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very shy could be hiding. Very very passive. not good for agro fish tank as they will avoid fights to the point of starving.

only fish i have thats agro is my white tail tang. He absolutely hates the lawnmower blenny but leaves the other fish alone

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found they don’t actually make mucous cocoons like the Fairy and Flasher Wrasses are known for.
They don’t use the sand either, instead they just tuck themselves into a secure crevice that they feel safe in and sleep in there.
that makes sense. I assumed as much as I was definitely not first to the party and no one else had mentioned the possibility.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only fish i have thats agro is my white tail tang. He absolutely hates the lawnmower blenny but leaves the other fish alone
This wrasse wouldn’t be a good choice with tangs. They really don’t do well with aggression (Even aggression not sent to them). The reason why is due to stress, when settling in these fish are at their height in vulnerability. Aggression just adds to that and in fact that’s how I lost my 2nd attempt at this species (I’m not on attempts 3, 4 and 5).

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This wrasse wouldn’t be a good choice with tangs. They really don’t do well with aggression (Even aggression not sent to them). The reason why is due to stress, when settling in these fish are at their height in vulnerability. Aggression just adds to that and in fact that’s how I lost my 2nd attempt at this species (I’m not on attempts 3, 4 and 5).
We shall see how it goes. Theres tons of hiding space and i dont plan on trying multiples of the pink streak. If this one doesnt make it im not sure what fish ill do next.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We shall see how it goes. Theres tons of hiding space and i dont plan on trying multiples of the pink streak. If this one doesnt make it im not sure what fish ill do next.
I don’t recommend this as you’re already establishing one however so far I’ve discovered a group to settle faster than a singular specimen. Again, I don’t recommend this not only because you’ve already got one but also grouping species of wrasse isn’t a good move unless you have experience.

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t recommend this as you’re already establishing one however so far I’ve discovered a group to settle faster than a singular specimen. Again, I don’t recommend this not only because you’ve already got one but also grouping species of wrasse isn’t a good move unless you have experience.

as much as id love a group of pink streak but it took me months to find 1 lol.

i think my tanks pretty stocked for fish. Just wanted something to hunt for pests

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an update found his cave he comes out to grab some mysis. Dont think my tank even noticed.

But now i just wish my tang or foxface would eat nori. I made a gross burrito with mysis, cyclops, selcon and garlic rolled in a peice of nori and they dont touch it. Hopefully in time they will.

bad picture because i have to be so far away from the tank for him to pop out

Attachments

• 5AAF7EE9-C51F-4397-95EA-70A31E415890.png
    5AAF7EE9-C51F-4397-95EA-70A31E415890.png
    931.4 KB · Views: 35

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back