New saltwater keeper here!

Elijah F

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
86
Location
Antelope
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I've been keeping freshwater planted tanks for a couple years now, and after much hesitation, decided to try put saltwater! I currently only have a 2 month old 20 gallon, where I plan on keeping macroalgae, some softies, and a couple small fish and inverts. I'm hoping I can apply some of my skills growing freshwater plants to macroalgae, as it's what got me interested in saltwater from the start.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Greetings! I've been keeping freshwater planted tanks for a couple years now, and after much hesitation, decided to try put saltwater! I currently only have a 2 month old 20 gallon, where I plan on keeping macroalgae, some softies, and a couple small fish and inverts. I'm hoping I can apply some of my skills growing freshwater plants to macroalgae, as it's what got me interested in saltwater from the start.
Interesting. Love a good planted tank and a macro + softy tank does very much peak my interest. Hope to see how it goes!
 
welcome-5.gif


Welcome to Reef2Reef! Even though you have already set up your tank, you should start a build thread so we can keep track of your build!
I'll certainly start a build thread, my tank is set up but it's certainly not complete yet!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new