New tank internal struggle

joefeets1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking to get a new tank. I currently have a 20 gallon cube and 60 gallon cube but would like to upgrade to something bigger. I was originally planning on waiting a while to do this but the seams my 60 cube are starting to get questionable. I bought that tank used (for a steal) and never had intentions on keeping it long term.

This is where my struggle starts. My budget for this new tank isn’t a lot and I know that the tank needs to be 6 ft long (the 60 cube came with a blue tang and my plan was to upgrade to a bigger tank for it).

I’ve gotten a quote from Glasscages (for a 72” x 24” x 20” tank) which is doable but limits my ability to get other things. But on the other hand I keep coming back to getting an aqueon or marineland tank and then have the ability to get the other things I need sooner.

I guess I’m just looking for some advice or thoughts on the matter. Anyway thanks everyone!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spitballing ideas— but if you start out with with Fish Only— a cheap $120 Jaebo pump to start out with, a cheap $120 Nicrew light, and a cheap $120 Reef Pro RP-M powerhead can do; Just trying to put your dream tank within reach for you. Lol :). Add corals and upgrade your lighting later.

Last edited:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6ft 180g.... and I'll just give it to you straight up

Tank plus equipment an easy $5,000+ investment to do it right

Monthly cost of electricity, salt, water/sewer, maintenance items easily $125-$150 per month

Heck electricity alone is $80 easy per month at 7-8 kwh continously

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back