New tank

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am both old and new to saltwater. Had a 110 G about 15 years ago, and am now getting back into it. I currently have a 90 gallon set up that finished cycling about a month ago. So far I have 2 clowns ( 1 percula, & 1 Picasso) A small foxface, and a 3" Naso tang, plus 5 nassarius snails. Have about 45 lb. of base rock with about 30 pounds of live rock. I know now that I will not be able to keep the naso for very long due to tank size. I am going for a mixed reef/community tank. I have been reading this site for quite some time, and thought it would be good to join.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post some pics. I do not have any yet though. Everything is still new. I do not even have the lights on yet. I bought 2 Hipargero 100 watt leds for it, but I am waiting to turn them on hoping to avoid some of the algae mishaps that come with a new set up.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do some questions concerning filtration as I am really new to what has changed since my last tank. I do not have a sump, or wet/dry. I have 45 lbs. of base rock, 30 pounds of live rock, 2.5" live sand. I have a Coralife 125 HOB skimmer, 2 old Marineland Magnum 350 canister filters( one just runs for the UV sterilizer, which is not on yet, but the canister is) I als have a Fluval 400 HOB with carbon. SO my real question is, can I sustain coral with this set up? I have 2 of the Hipargero 100 watt LED lights

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post some pics. I do not have any yet though. Everything is still new. I do not even have the lights on yet. I bought 2 Hipargero 100 watt leds for it, but I am waiting to turn them on hoping to avoid some of the algae mishaps that come with a new set up.
I understand, going through a little of the ugly phase on my 5g right now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back