New to the Reef

Welcome to the community! If you're looking for a budget, beginner friendly tank I'd highly suggest checking out Innovative Marine's blemished tank section. A few of us purchased our first, or third, tank from them on the blemished side and can't even find the blemish. It's basically a brand spankin' new tank with a hefty discount. Waterbox is also a great brand, and I'd avoid any Red Sea tanks as they have a seam failure.
 
1749934039526.png
 
Welcome! Those brands you mentioned (except ResSea) make fine tanks. I would also recommend the Nyos Opus. There is a 69g and a 100g. My advice is to buy as much tank as you can afford. Then you can find used items and sales that can make the hobby half as cheap as long as you do your research. I got a 3 foot tank about a year ago and wish I got the 100g. Cooler fish and more real estate for coral colonies. Go slow and start with easy cheap stuff.
 
Welcome to R2R!

I’m in the boat of avoiding Red Sea too; all the other big brands seem to be open game!

Are you hoping to go with an All In One system? Or a sump system? Both have their own pros and cons!
 
Hello & Welcome!
IMG_1906.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new