Newbie reefer

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! my name is chris and im brand new to the hobby super excited to get started. At the moment I dont have anything. Im forcing myself to take it slow and gather as much knowledge as I can from these forums so that I have a strong base to start with. After almost two months of reading books/forums I think im ready to atleast start looking at tanks! lol Cant wait to pick some brains here and look forward to future discussions.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! my name is chris and im brand new to the hobby super excited to get started. At the moment I dont have anything. Im forcing myself to take it slow and gather as much knowledge as I can from these forums so that I have a strong base to start with. After almost two months of reading books/forums I think im ready to atleast start looking at tanks! lol Cant wait to pick some brains here and look forward to future discussions.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Glad to have you here!

I think it is great you are doing your research. It is important to get off to a good start if you really want to enjoy the hobby.

OP
OP
aella2012

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Glad to have you here!

I think it is great you are doing your research. It is important to get off to a good start if you really want to enjoy the hobby.

Thank you, EVERYTHING i have read so far always says research is key to success with the tank, fish, inverts, corals and equipment so ive made it a point to stick with it before taking my first step[emoji16]

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking my first steps into the hobby as well right now! This forum has been insanely helpful and everyone has been great. What size tank are you thinking?

Goslugsgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing I did when getting started was have friends and family buy birthday and Christmas presents for me off a reef-specific list. I ended up with a high quality collection that got me started in the right direction.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
aella2012

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking my first steps into the hobby as well right now! This forum has been insanely helpful and everyone has been great. What size tank are you thinking?

I was thinking either a 90 or a 120 most likely an All in One from CAD lights or maybe SCA ive read alot good reviews for both companies and i think an AIO is my best option since im still getting familiar with the equipment. Simplify things lol how bout you?

OP
OP
aella2012

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing I did when getting started was have friends and family buy birthday and Christmas presents for me off a reef-specific list. I ended up with a high quality collection that got me started in the right direction.

Now that sounds like a great idea! I just might use that it would really help with expenses lol thanks for the idea Goslugsgo

OP
OP
aella2012

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome. Everybody is friendly here and you find somebody that can answer anything. ANYTHING. Looking forward to sharing your successes and failures.

noahw.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the all in ones especially by Red Sea would reccomend

OP
OP
aella2012

aella2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the all in ones especially by Red Sea would reccomend

Hi noahw! Red sea was the first AIO i checked out and read alot of positive reviews on unfortunately they are pretty pricey even for the smaller tanks like a 60 for the price i can get a larger one from CAD or SCA so thats what has pulled me in there direction.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back