Newbie - Well, Sort Of

getjoe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David asked that I post an introduction. I owe him and you an apology. I think his request was made weeks ago but, I haven't visited the message center on the site......for weeks :).

I have been away from the hobby for about 20 years, doing too much business travel. But, now, home and "sort of retired", it's time to dive back in. It appears a lot has changed......for the better........and I'm looking forward to getting up-to-speed as quickly as possible.

Thanks to the experienced people for sharing so much information and thanks to the newbies for asking good questions. It's been a good beginning to my education.

David asked that I create a thread.....and so I have. It's called "State-of-the-Art Aquarium" in the New To Saltwater Aquariums section.

I look forward to future exchanges of ideas.

Joe

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the exact place you are. Stopped over 20 years ago after being all in. The tech and information sharing really has changed considerably, for the better. No surprise really, but it’s going to take some leg work on the front end to started and get good gear. The other hobbies I do (music, sailing) have a lot of gear too. Why not another another gear filled money sink, lol. I am looking forwarded to doing this again very much, but I hesitate sometimes bc it’s definitely a commitment!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back