OP
N

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its pretty sweet man, looks BB...is it?

for right now it is. it seems that tropic eden sand is pretty hard to get even for stores :(

Looking good man, I like the scape!

thanks skinz i like it, but its missing something that just makes it wow. i cannot seem to put my finger on it

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape too, but it seems that you have a lot of large flat rocks.

I might try to break some of that down, or swap some of it out instead of piling it all. Another thing that works well is drilling your rock and using zipties...cheaper than rods and ti covers up with coraline fast believe it or not...my scape in my sig is pretty crzy rock work and it is all zipties. Super stable.

OP
OP
N

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape too, but it seems that you have a lot of large flat rocks.

I might try to break some of that down, or swap some of it out instead of piling it all. Another thing that works well is drilling your rock and using zipties...cheaper than rods and ti covers up with coraline fast believe it or not...my scape in my sig is pretty crzy rock work and it is all zipties. Super stable.

yes i do have lots of flat rocks. its hard with the height to get a really nice structure going. i didnt wanna break it up right away. do you think if i perhaps moved to more like a pillar setup and broke some of the flatness with rubble it would be an improvement?

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the overall horseshoe shape of the scape but agree there are too many flat pieces piled up
its going to be a tough tank to scape - i would look at some pics from a thread at rc on japaneze tanks - there were some pretty cool pics in that thread of similar shaped tanks
really cool project either way

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your rock scape, when looking from the top it looks just like a mini lagoon. Nice to see some tanks that have the non standard dimensions

bob

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see the update pics tank looks to be on a roll your lagoon looks great :smile:

SAWDUSTINTANK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice scape you have there. I think it would be beneficial if things are scape in two levels so to speak. If you had a lower level of flat rock and then a second level about it in some areas it will provide some shade for the corals that need less lighting than those who need direct strong lighting. I have a 16" high tank and I had to figure out a way to make shaded areas for low light corals.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. The flat look will go away as corals grow I wouldn't sweat it. Sorry if I missed it but what are you doing for lighting?

OP
OP
N

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now for lighting im using a hamiton 250w 14k halide that i had laying around.
eventually im going to go to leds i think, when i figure what i want. i have leds on all my other tanks

great idea about the tiers i already see a few spots i made that i especially liked

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back