No vacation is too short :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlavine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jlavine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
washington, dc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 day vacation...no problem I thought. Tank was cleaned the day I left, topped-off, auto-feeder, etc. The apartment thermostat was set high so the a/c wouldn't kick on while I was gone. Well, the building switched the heat on during those 5 days. I returned to a sauna!

The tank water was so low it didn't even make it into the overflow. So, an 84 degree tank mixed with no flow other than a koralia = heartbreak, death and algae.

Lost livestock: CB Bengai Cardnial, coral banded shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, snails, crabs.

CORAL: 4" teal/pink chalice, favias, 2 heads of frogspawn, small toadstool mushroom, 1 SPS, green star polyps, feather dusters, red and skittles acans (recessed but hopefully will grow back), pulsing xenias (probably grow back well), bleached green monitpora, few zoas, shriveled ricordea.

Sad
-Jeff
 
aw man that sucks sorry to hear about your losses. I'd try and do a 20% water change and run some carbon so that you can try and save what you have left.
 
Man sorry buddy.. :(
 
Sorry about that!

Thats why it is good to have a phone you can watch all your stuff from while you are away!Love mine!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new