Noopysch lighting set up

tuni324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my lights and controller yesterday. I set the controller to LPS pre set but not synching with the light, won’t turn on. What am I doing wrong?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just received my lights and controller yesterday. I set the controller to LPS pre set but not synching with the light, won’t turn on. What am I doing wrong?
Assure the plug for controller is pushed all the way in. Also assure little LED is in program mode

many good videos on you tube

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am having issues with my Noopsyche light, but I'll tell you what worked for me so far.

FWIW, the paperwork instructions do not match what I see on the Noopsyche app.

To connect my app to the light, I had to put my light into "AP" mode by tapping the "R" button on the front of the light. Then I had to connect my phone to the Wifi network labeled "K7_Pro...". I presume this is a low power network hosted by the light. I can't recall if I ended up using my home router password or the Noopsyche factory password to make the final connection. I tried both. At this point the light is operational, synced time wise to my phone, and allowed me to select between sps, lps, or sps/lps auto mode. Unfortunately I can only connect to the light with the app if I switch to the K7_Pro... "wifi network". I'm not sure if that is proper or a bug.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i made this video years ago with the K7II
not sure if the new version acts the same

the K7III wifi the password you use to connect to the noopsyche network is 12345678 its right in the directions
you can only connect to the light in AP mode if you use the app and switch the network to the network the light puts out. you cannot just connect once and go back to your normal network.
So you will have to switch to that network anytime you want to use the app to adjust the light

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made this video years ago with the K7II
not sure if the new version acts the same

the K7III wifi the password you use to connect to the noopsyche network is 12345678 its right in the directions
you can only connect to the light in AP mode if you use the app and switch the network to the network the light puts out. you cannot just connect once and go back to your normal network.
So you will have to switch to that network anytime you want to use the app to adjust the light

That's all consistent with my experience so far. Thanks.

Can anyone explain the difference between the "LAN Connection" mode and the "AP Connection" mode? I don't see any port for a Lan line to connect to the light for the former.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lan is using your wifi network to connect to the light. AP is using the network the light is broadcasting to connect to
Has nothing to do with hooking up a wire

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lan is using your wifi network to connect to the light. AP is using the network the light is broadcasting to connect to
Has nothing to do with hooking up a wire
Hmm. Sounds like the LAN option would let me avoid having to switch "networks" every time I need to talk with the light. Is there any reason not to use this option other than it lets my light have "access" to my home wifi network for spying issues?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm. Sounds like the LAN option would let me avoid having to switch "networks" every time I need to talk with the light. Is there any reason not to use this option other than it lets my light have "access" to my home wifi network for spying issues?
Yea. It seems almost impossible to get it to actually function with LAN. I have up and just use AP. Once you set you shouldn’t have to mess with it much.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally figured out how to do the wifi connection. This whole time I was holding the R till it switched to blinking blue twice. No, what your supposed to do is hold R till the light goes out and its continuously blinking blue and then it connected right up to wifi for me.

Back