Not a pressing medical emergency, but…

LaraFaes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered why every time I clean my aquarium, when I pour the new water after siphoning, my fish always swim towards it?

Maybe it has something to do with oxygenation? My filter is pretty big for the tank size but I find it weird that even though fish are scared by strong currents of water, mine swim happily under the current of fresh water when I’m cleaning the tank lol. I just wanted to know if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s normal?

If you answer, thanks in advance. I love mi fishies and I’m thinking of doing more frequent water changes if the water is too dirty xD

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild guess: in the wild currents that “surge” into their areas bring a bounty of food and nutrients, so making sure you are first in helps guarantee first dibs on any tasty bits brought by changing tides/currents/water movements.

many fish (fresh and salt) I’ve owned swims towards the new water additions. This is only a guess on my part, but I think it’s probably correct.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LaraFaes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm, it makes a lot of sense! ;Shamefullyembarrased
Wild guess: in the wild currents that “surge” into their areas bring a bounty of food and nutrients, so making sure you are first in helps guarantee first dibs on any tasty bits brought by changing tides/currents/water movements.

many fish (fresh and salt) I’ve owned swims towards the new water additions. This is only a guess on my part, but I think it’s probably correct.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back