Not another youtube ******...

kharn101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not another youtube...

Hey guys,
I can't seem to fall asleep so i just was youtubing(sp)? a bit before i pass out again...well look at this guy :)...just makes me sick...it seems people have no clue what the heck they are doing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjP_td2qCE

Last edited by a moderator:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um other then adding the sand after the rock which makes some sense as to keep rocks better inplace not really sure what your finding ignorant looks like his setup will work just because its not how you would do it doesnt mean it wont still work.Also maybe you might explain your opinions before saying somone is stupid.

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs sound lol. The only thing I see wrong is adding fish right away which is a big mistake. Instead of bashing him, everyone should kindly be telling him what he did wrong and not flipping out, calling names, ect.

charga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although his methods were a bit crude for choice of equipment and his setup it did state to add reef friendly fish to a mature tank in step 12. Conducting the video was a quick and easy without going into the full long drawn out details that we here being experienced reefers know what is involved. So wasting 7.43 minutes of our life watching this could have been worse and more detailed to 20.43 minutes and we would have closed the video out of boredom and moved onto another stupid video and waste more time.
So lets go and watch the kids brother drink skimmer juice for 20 bucks on You Tube. :hammer:

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you can add corals when your sand is not even settled and expect that to go well. Guess I learned something. :)

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he used live rock froim an established tank this could all be done in one day with no reprecussions....Although I think he was showing this over a few days or longer
jmo

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you can add corals when your sand is not even settled and expect that to go well. Guess I learned something. :)

He used hardy leathers which are pretty bullet proof and added fish later so if rock was cured theres no reason this method wouldnt work.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked OK with me....... I am sure that his process was done over more time that what the video seems to indicate. I think it was just a quick reference. When the fish were added you can see that the leathers were extended. But, very boring and could be misleading to someone that has no experience.

coralfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sorry if i offended anyone. i wasnt really commenting on it working or not. I was expecting some major fiasco or something atleast funny. I woke up at 4am because i couldnt sleep, than i saw the video (the entire thing) and again without offending anyone :hammer: i wanted to go back to bed

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i agree with ya coralfan they way they make it seem its all done in ten minutes...to a newbie thats stupid bc they dont know any better, and if they are a mag then they should know better as well

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back