Oh No - Antique MP40 Blinking

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m old, so it seems like everything I own is old. I’ve never had this issue with these antique MP40 controllers, but have with the newer models…and the published fixes from Ecotech have fixed the newer ones…but not these. It appears to be blinking red/green. If I hold the “Mode” button, it goes to red blinking…..here’s the video.

I’ve tried the fixes for both red/green blinking and red blinking and get absolutely nothing. I’m not even sure if the fixes they publish are for these antique controllers. Holding the mode button simply causes the red/green blink to go to red blink. Holding further does nothing. Now scratching my head!

I did notice that there is, for some reason, a good bit of tension on the cable from the controller to the dryside. It takes a tortuous path over to the far side of the tank. So my next step is to pull out the controller (four little screws that I’m sure I’ll drop into the abyss) and see if the plug connection is loose or actually pulled out. More to come.

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Was it a wireless? if so try opening up and remove the chip. I had one go bad and was causing issues with mine. Remove wetside and just try to get it working with dryside. Reset and try again.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol … I think I’d be happy I got as much useful life out of it …..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back