One thing you did that NOTICEABLY IMPROVED your reef tank?

Have you ever made a decision that NOTICEABLY IMPROVED your reef tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made improvements by reverting back to older methods and not making changes. Nothing exciting here.

4 months ago I reverted back to 8bulb ATI dimmable fixture and Avast stirrer for kalk and after 2-3 liters a day the stirrer had consistent 80% saturation level. Now I increase light every two weeks and alk demand follows.

At 4-5 liters a day of kalk I will start adding All For Reef powder mix slowly. Only issue I see is phosphates creep up at amunt of stock I have still. 0.1 goes to 0.16 and brought back down. I am trying Salifert phosphate instead of Hanna ULR for comparison.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Panasonic Energy Recovery Ventilator to my basement. It brings in tempered fresh air to basement and controlled by aux port on an ECOBEE4. Basement has fresh air now too.

I copied this from BattleCorals and pH jumped .1 to .2 points and more when on vacation.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is in the fuge to get this result?
I have a 25 gallon AIO. I run the fuge for 12 hours opposite of my main lighting. It uses chaeto which I dose with Brightwell Aquatic's ChaetoGro daily. I also dose ferrion occasionally. The fuge is seeded with apex pods which help get rid of some waste as well.

Mothys mixed reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
re Aqua scape & Auto water changes , All with a canister filter

Attachments

• 229E4822-E218-470D-A77D-51F21DB24A4C.jpeg
    229E4822-E218-470D-A77D-51F21DB24A4C.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 52

MillennialReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you go about to adding the probio/yellowsno. just daily dosing? what were the noticeable improvements?
I alternate them daily, one day YellowSNO and the next Probio ...etc. I noticed a boost of microfauna growth. Various sponges, inverts, copepods started almost appearing out of nowhere lol. (They were probably already in my system but they started rapidly growing within a few weeks but didnt notice until about 6-8 weeks after first starting to dose)

Not to mention polyp extension from the corals. The most noticeable things was rapid growth of coralline algae and extreme water clarity. I don't
have a filter sock or anything similar. The system filters on an ATS and a lot of Bio media. Usually when using an ATS it is expected that the water wont be as clear, which I actually prefer. But the PNS products achieved very clear water. Sure the PNS products are costly but personally I would rather spend on these 2 products regularly, without having to spend on anything else. Except fish and coral. I will post pics soon!

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alternate them daily, one day YellowSNO and the next Probio ...etc. I noticed a boost of microfauna growth. Various sponges, inverts, copepods started almost appearing out of nowhere lol. (They were probably already in my system but they started rapidly growing within a few weeks but didnt notice until about 6-8 weeks after first starting to dose)

Not to mention polyp extension from the corals. The most noticeable things was rapid growth of coralline algae and extreme water clarity. I don't
have a filter sock or anything similar. The system filters on an ATS and a lot of Bio media. Usually when using an ATS it is expected that the water wont be as clear, which I actually prefer. But the PNS products achieved very clear water. Sure the PNS products are costly but personally I would rather spend on these 2 products regularly, without having to spend on anything else. Except fish and coral. I will post pics soon!
How long have you been dosing yellowsno? Why did you not choose to use PNS live strain?

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went BAREBOTTOM!

My algae problems went away, my fish are fatter and I’m assuming happier since I can feed them more, coralline algae took off within a week, and I can increase flow for my sps-dominant reef (currently have two mp40s and just purchased two more).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back