Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone ☺️

I‘m trying to build an aquascape here
Ive watched some videos but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right
I‘d love to hear some opinions.
Is it too massive?
The tank itself will be a room divider so both sides have to look appealing in the end.
I tried to integrate plateaus for corals in different heights and caves for fishis 9E04B3BD-43EB-45D0-9148-E3030F3DEA2F.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8503.MOV
    20.4 MB
  • IMG_8502.MOV
    17 MB

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those rocks looks precarious I would glue some of them. As for aesthetic appeal, forget asking us, do what you like( or better build the environment to suit the future inhabitans. Lots of caves close together means there's gonna be fights with neighbors. Looks like a classic mt. Sushi build.

May I recommend, due to the style of your house/decor: hang those lights.

Also may want the fish tank in a bit of a less open window environment or the lights won't really matter. Seeing kids playthings in the same room too. Idk, but that's exactly the reason why I have very few nice things.

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice anyone can give you. Go with what you like. Look threw some build threads on here, watch a couple videos whatever it takes to give yourself some ideas. But number one rule is make sure you absolutely love it at the end of the day you have to look at it. Come up with a plan of corals you wanna keep and make nice homes for them. Take your time don’t rush. I have learned this the hard way and have moved my rock work around a few time now tanks not even a year old yet.

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a sample of what you like and try to make a similar scape for yourself. There are lots of tanks on instagram that look amazing.

On the scape built, I think it looks cool but I kinda wish it would not have flat bases especially on the rocks on top

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good assuming the cardboard is the tank footprint.

Build something you like the look of and that functions for what you want to keep. Once the coral starts to grow on it, it takes a new form for the most part. So I wouldn't be too worried about the shapes of rocks but more the overall lines of the rockscape itself as that's all you're really going to notice once mature with corals.

I will say, my goals for my new tank are to keep the rock work below 1/2 the height of the overall thank. I've built too tall in the past around 2/3 plus and regretted it. Stay as far away from the glass as possible, looks like you did that.

OP
OP
Püppi

Püppi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those rocks looks precarious I would glue some of them. As for aesthetic appeal, forget asking us, do what you like( or better build the environment to suit the future inhabitans. Lots of caves close together means there's gonna be fights with neighbors. Looks like a classic mt. Sushi build.

May I recommend, due to the style of your house/decor: hang those lights.

Also may want the fish tank in a bit of a less open window environment or the lights won't really matter. Seeing kids playthings in the same room too. Idk, but that's exactly the reason why I have very few nice things.
Oh it’s just the dry practice atm I’ll glue it together not trusting in holding itself too much ( it does now but who knows)
That’s the kids playroom the Tank is not located on there it’s just modified to my aquascape designing studio atm since the tank is next doors dividing the dinning and living room.
I changed the layout already again this will take some time

OP
OP
Püppi

Püppi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a sample of what you like and try to make a similar scape for yourself. There are lots of tanks on instagram that look amazing.

On the scape built, I think it looks cool but I kinda wish it would not have flat bases especially on the rocks on top

OP
OP
Püppi

Püppi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good assuming the cardboard is the tank footprint.

Build something you like the look of and that functions for what you want to keep. Once the coral starts to grow on it, it takes a new form for the most part. So I wouldn't be too worried about the shapes of rocks but more the overall lines of the rockscape itself as that's all you're really going to notice once mature with corals.

I will say, my goals for my new tank are to keep the rock work below 1/2 the height of the overall thank. I've built too tall in the past around 2/3 plus and regretted it. Stay as far away from the glass as possible, looks like you did that.
Yes exactly it’s easiest to try out in the right measurements. I try to make nice coral spots in all hights so I was going to go close to 2/3 yes i try to stay away from the Glas easier to clean

Critteraholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, make it how you want it. You're the one that has to look at it. :)

Don't know if this will help you... since I can't remember one day to the next ( ;Meh ) , I am taking pictures of tanks I like so I can go through and see what type of rockwork keeps popping up. 'Cause it sure is hard to chose just one! ;Wideyed

I don't how old your kids are, but if they're young - Get-A-Lid - for that tank. You wouldn't believe the things they will drop in the tank with the fishies! :eek:

HAVE FUN!

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks to me are mostly for a place to put coral. I would recommend shining a light over the top to see where there is shadow as that would limit the coral that can go there. You design looks really nice but I would try to maximize the spots for coral.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back