Paint Recommendation

joecoastie

Go Hokies!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Location
Salem, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am building a new hood for my reef tank. I want to use a white color paint to help reflect more light into the tank. What is a safe type of paint to use? Thank you in advance.
 
YOur best bet is white kilz primer.. It will reflect a good amount of light but will never take place of a reflector... Not sure your plans here....
 
Thanks Troylee
I have an AquaticLife T5 system that I want to cover up with a wooden hood on top of the tank. It will be an oak finish on the outside and a white paint on the inside to catch any light that the reflectors do not reflect.
Once the kilz primer cures, is there any worry of fumes that could get into the tank? Than you again Troylee.
 
Nope no worries at all...should work like a charm.. I did a similiar thing on my old canopy except I laminated the whole inside with a polished aluminum...;)
 
+1 on Kilz. I have the inside of my stand & canopy coated with Kilz 2 and it's held up really well to moisture/salt creep and no problems with fumes or anything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new