OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know why the Yellow Wrasse is not showing.... the old bad Six Lines Wrasse is chasing him as soon as he goes out until he goes into the sand, but he is smart like a devil, he will not get into the trap. Got to find a solution, any suggestions?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know why the Yellow Wrasse is not showing.... the old bad Six Lines Wrasse is chasing him as soon as he goes out until he goes into the sand, but he is smart like a devil, he will not get into the trap. Got to find a solution, any suggestions?
If your trying to catch the six line, they smart and tough to catch.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your trying to catch the six line, they smart and tough to catch.

Tell me about it!! I tried to catch him about a month ago but he never went into the trap. I cannot say the same about the melanarus, that guy went in every time, he thinks with his stomach!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it!! I tried to catch him about a month ago but he never went into the trap. I cannot say the same about the melanarus, that guy went in every time, he thinks with his stomach!
Lol!!

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I almost completely lose my torch coral, it has been difficult to me to make it grow but today it lost 3 out of his four heads. Water parameters are perfect, I assume it was too much light, the only other factor was the Melanarus who liked to sleep below it and moved and dusted it occasionally. I will be checking how the surviving head does but I think it will be gone soon. I reduced the Hydras intensity anyway. If the coral is gone I will buy a replacement as I do like the way it moves.

The Yellow Wrasse is still having difficulties with the Six Line but it is holding and eating. The Flame Angel is a success he is already eating and wandering around the whole tank.

Here is a picture of my brain coral with the PolyLab lens [emoji41].
d39c9641e1fd7bb7feed6ea444ee4f56.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I almost completely lose my torch coral, it has been difficult to me to make it grow but today it lost 3 out of his four heads. Water parameters are perfect, I assume it was too much light, the only other factor was the Melanarus who liked to sleep below it and moved and dusted it occasionally. I will be checking how the surviving head does but I think it will be gone soon. I reduced the Hydras intensity anyway. If the coral is gone I will buy a replacement as I do like the way it moves.

The Yellow Wrasse is still having difficulties with the Six Line but it is holding and eating. The Flame Angel is a success he is already eating and wandering around the whole tank.

Here is a picture of my brain coral with the PolyLab lens [emoji41].
d39c9641e1fd7bb7feed6ea444ee4f56.jpg
Great picture Pancho, very nice!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho,

I tried this several times, but it's been :D hit or miss :(
You can give it a shot with your six line.

You take the top off of your overflow box, and set it aside.
Then, Turn off "all" your recirc. pumps and pull then out / let them hang on the back wall.

Now, You have a mini tank that's attached to your main display.

Unscrew the left recirc, pump's strainer from your back glass and set that aside. That makes a tunnel that a fish can swim threw.

Light up only the overflow box.

Then chum up deep in the OF box with food that the six line likes. Wave your hand so the scent comes out the open hole.

If the six line goes in???, then screw back on the strainer to the front side of your back wall.

Then you can net the little bugger.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho,

I tried this several times, but it's been :D hit or miss :(
You can give it a shot with your six line.

You take the top off of your overflow box, and set it aside.
Then, Turn off "all" your recirc. pumps and pull then out / let them hang on the back wall.

Now, You have a mini tank that's attached to your main display.

Unscrew the left recirc, pump's strainer from your back glass and set that aside. That makes a tunnel that a fish can swim threw.

Light up only the overflow box.

Then chum up deep in the OF box with food that the six line likes. Wave your hand so the scent comes out the open hole.

If the six line goes in???, then screw back on the strainer to the front side of your back wall.

Then you can net the little bugger.

Should send this trick into Red Sea so they can market the tanks with a built in fish trap;)

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer with the torch, but great looking Zoas island.
Nice pictures in general!

Great looking tank! The picture of the brain coral is fantastic!

Thank you guys! the PolypLab lens are doing a decent job on filtering the blue light [emoji41].

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back