OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may already know but didn't mention it...make sure you have both the individual point level and the schedule level turned up or you won't get the full brightness.
thank you buddy my point of intensity was at 100% but the schedule level was only at 50% that was the problem so thanks for pointing that out :cool:

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to test full intensity go into Mobius and Live Demonstration. Move all individual sliders to 100% and also the slider on the right to 100% as well
just looked at that mate! i never looked at the booklet in box and just went into lights without doing little reading lol at 100% point of intensity and 90% schedule my par is 150 all over bottom of tank and 11 inch up from bottom its 230 par and 255 in middle where lights cross! So all good know for sps :)

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just looked at that mate! i never looked at the booklet in box and just went into lights without doing little reading lol at 100% point of intensity and 90% schedule my par is 150 all over bottom of tank and 11 inch up from bottom its 230 par and 255 in middle where lights cross! So all good know for sps :)
Good to know, seems then I need to lower my lights and adjust some numbers myself. Feel more relief with the light power.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, seems then I need to lower my lights and adjust some numbers myself. Feel more relief with the light power.
yes lots of pop after you guys putting me correct :) i did notice the fans are quite noisy and defo hear them when sat down 6ft away from tank! But iv got my lights also on the ecotech brackets :)

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes lots of pop after you guys putting me correct :) i did notice the fans are quite noisy and defo hear them when sat down 6ft away from tank! But iv got my lights also on the ecotech brackets :)
Yes, I heard on a BRS episode than anything up 90% intensity will make the fans to make more noise than lets say at 70%, but I guess might be similar with other lights.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning on keeping. Those numbers are ideal for anything except clams, acropora, and almost anemones
was just going to add my large red bubble tip anemone thats sat fine at 200 par in my other tank and few torch on sand and yuma mushrooms! maybe few sps later on higher up in the tank!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back