• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Phytoplankton

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch,

Noticed you bought pods from AlgaeBarn in Feb. Are you just trying to cultivate your own to sell?

Just wondering why youd need it since your tank is full of pods.

I actually had them going pretty well. I need to get a better setup going that will allow me to keep closer eye on ammonia levels.

gcmatt87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in 35 oz if still available. Attempted PM, not sure if successful or not.

Adrian Grden

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received my phytoplankton today and it is amazing! Mitch is a great seller and has a great product. Buy with confidence you will not be disappointed!

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wanted to wait before I gave a thanks and a review. Shipping, communication and packaging superb!!!

Just as he said pod explosion, I mean explosion. I also have live Mysis shrimp in my refugium and there population have grown considerably.

I love the product and will be buying again and again. I believe it will help overall health if the tank ecosystem. Thank you!!

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wanted to wait before I gave a thanks and a review. Shipping, communication and packaging superb!!!

Just as he said pod explosion, I mean explosion. I also have live Mysis shrimp in my refugium and there population have grown considerably.

I love the product and will be buying again and again. I believe it will help overall health if the tank ecosystem. Thank you!!

Thanks for the kind words Jay

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this live and can I start my own culture with it? Also, do it put it in your DT frozen or live?

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much are you adding daily and to what size tank? Spot or broadcast feeding?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you adding daily and to what size tank? Spot or broadcast feeding?

@Makers Marc what sized tank are you feeding? I broadcast feed my 240 gallon tank sometimes a cup a day if I remember to do so. Not saying that is how much you should feed, but you get the idea. All depends on what you are feeding too. Filter feeders broadcast feeding is best. Spot feeding you can do for clams, LPS, etc. I have found that broadcast feeding works best in my scenario.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Makers Marc what sized tank are you feeding? I broadcast feed my 240 gallon tank sometimes a cup a day if I remember to do so. Not saying that is how much you should feed, but you get the idea. All depends on what you are feeding too. Filter feeders broadcast feeding is best. Spot feeding you can do for clams, LPS, etc. I have found that broadcast feeding works best in my scenario.
Hey Mitch, I am aware of how much you feed as I read your instructions so thanks. I was just curious how much that guy fed to see such a boost in pods so quickly, but I know all tanks are different. My tank is 180 gallons and I feed my 24 fish pretty heavy, but I do have several wrasses in a few mandarins.

Right now I have just cut down on feeding and have been dumping in about half a cup each day, more like spot feeding half a cup.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mitch, I am aware of how much you feed as I read your instructions so thanks. I was just curious how much that guy fed to see such a boost in pods so quickly, but I know all tanks are different. My tank is 180 gallons and I feed my 24 fish pretty heavy, but I do have several wrasses in a few mandarins.

Right now I have just cut down on feeding and have been dumping in about half a cup each day, more like spot feeding half a cup.

Yeah with the wrasse and mandarins I bet they are eating a lot of pods. I have wrasse and a mandarin and mandarin is always poking at pods. The wrasse every once in a while, but they seem to like the amphipods more.

I cast feed my frag tank but it has not fish and the amount of pods in it are insane. Do you keep you glass super clean or let at least the side panels get a little dirty? I keep my side panels with a little algae every once in a while and it helps me see what my pod population looks like.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah with the wrasse and mandarins I bet they are eating a lot of pods. I have wrasse and a mandarin and mandarin is always poking at pods. The wrasse every once in a while, but they seem to like the amphipods more.

I cast feed my frag tank but it has not fish and the amount of pods in it are insane. Do you keep you glass super clean or let at least the side panels get a little dirty? I keep my side panels with a little algae every once in a while and it helps me see what my pod population looks like.
They do peck non-stop at pods. I know when the glass is dirtier its easier to see, especially at night with a red light.

Really not worried about more pods tbh, I just have some gorgonians/featherduster/flame scallop I really bought this for. Figured it's a nice alternative to my reef chili I did once in a while.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do peck non-stop at pods. I know when the glass is dirtier its easier to see, especially at night with a red light.

Really not worried about more pods tbh, I just have some gorgonians/featherduster/flame scallop I really bought this for. Figured it's a nice alternative to my reef chili I did once in a while.

Yeah with those guys, you can do either type of feeding. If no too much, starting out spot feeding is what I'd do, then move over to cast feeding.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back