OP
OP
Nano101

Nano101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The N03:pO4-X eliminated the problem. Tank is back to normal. I’m keeping the air pump in for o2 levels. I am putting my bet on I had low water circulation, was over feeding and the LR soaked up the nitrates. The chaeto was exporting a crazy amount, until the cyano got a foot hold which absorbed more than chaeto (always will). The nitrates/phosphates weren’t registering on tests because they were being fed on, but still being leeched from the LR. Replacing the sandbed I bet help, but the LR was still holding too many Nitrates/Phosphates. I haven’t dosed any chemiclean or N03:pO4-X in a week and the tank is recovering well

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I must have too many notifications going on ha nice busy traffic!

not sure how this tank panned out

the first pic was excellent after cleaning, then it seems the tank was left alone back to full cyano, not sure so I left. Rip cleans aren’t meant to fix as a one off, some tanks need continued attention, as in maybe help remove new growths vs let them continue, each tank is different. Staying active and not letting cyano takeover in small tanks is easy to do for sure.

the point of rip cleaning is so that as we do continued support in removing the invasion, the tank doesn’t cloud up and mess up things. It’s not meant to be done once, then stopped from all follow up contact.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back