Pico light

waterwatereverywhere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confusing myself with what light to get for a pico, probably 3 - 5 gallons, around 25-30 cm square. All I seem to come across is the drawbacks! So...

Fluval marine nano - people say it's not very strong, needs to be dialled right up then you lose the blue effect.

Kessil A80 - can't control it with spending an extra £100 then it's getting pricey.

AI Prime - great light, but when you add the mount, and I might want a shade, you're talking £300 to light a tiny tank.

What would you use?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquaknight V2 (sold as the Reefbreeders nano in the US) is perfect for tanks this size. The A80 would also be good, you don’t need the controller, just out on a timer and it’ll be fine.

OP
OP
W

waterwatereverywhere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquaknight V2 (sold as the Reefbreeders nano in the US) is perfect for tanks this size. The A80 would also be good, you don’t need the controller, just out on a timer and it’ll be fine.
I suppose I just like the idea of controlling the spectrum and having a fade up and down schedule, but of course you pay for that! I'll have a look at the Aquaknight thanks.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm confusing myself with what light to get for a pico, probably 3 - 5 gallons, around 25-30 cm square. All I seem to come across is the drawbacks! So...

Fluval marine nano - people say it's not very strong, needs to be dialled right up then you lose the blue effect.

Kessil A80 - can't control it with spending an extra £100 then it's getting pricey.

AI Prime - great light, but when you add the mount, and I might want a shade, you're talking £300 to light a tiny tank.

What would you use?
what's the Length? 25-30 cm Long?

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Primes work great for Pico's! That's what I use on my 3 gallon. Worth the price in my opinion:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back