Please help, Anemone not looking good

Reyrolando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have had this anemone for about a month may a little longer. All has been well until about a week ago, I noticed it was deflated. I know they usually do that from time to time, but it has not gone back to normal. This is what is look like now.

I'm not sure what my parameters as I do not have a test kit yet, other than salinity which is at 1.026 and temp at 79. I am running (3) AI Hydra 32s on a 120g tank. Can someone let me know if it is dying, dead, or something else?

Thank you. 20200731_165103.jpg 20200731_165114.jpg 20200731_165116.jpg

Attachments

• archive.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 52
  • archive.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 62

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has this tank been set up.
I have much concern that you do not have test kits and anemones need excellent water conditions.
As long as it sticks, it’s not dead, you might want to explore your water parameters.

9FE29D2A-0EDE-47C7-B773-F8F2B71AFB50.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Reyrolando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has this tank been set up.
I have much concern that you do not have test kits and anemones need excellent water conditions.
As long as it sticks, it’s not dead, you might want to explore your water parameters.

9FE29D2A-0EDE-47C7-B773-F8F2B71AFB50.jpeg
Tank has been up for about a year now, however, the tank was new but all of the water, sand, rocks, and fish came from my 150 which had been running for a few years now. I have had multiple anemones both bubble and carpet for several years with no issues. This is a first for me, I have never seen one act this way. So far the foot looks like its holding. I moved the rock that its on to see it it will move to a more favorable place for it.

ReefingThee813

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights was the nem previously under and at what depth was it kept in the previous tank? I know nems can handle quite a bit of light but if it was at a lower dept and under a different light intensity in the previous tank, it could be acclimating. Have you tried reducing intensity or photo period?

OP
OP
R

Reyrolando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights was the nem previously under and at what depth was it kept in the previous tank? I know nems can handle quite a bit of light but if it was at a lower dept and under a different light intensity in the previous tank, it could be acclimating. Have you tried reducing intensity or photo period?

I believe the LFS was using Radions not sure which ones maybe G5. If I'm not mistaking, they have theirs in a shallow tank. The max are my blues at 62%, everything is lower than that. Originally I had them at 10% higher.

ReefingThee813

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the LFS was using Radions not sure which ones maybe G5. If I'm not mistaking, they have theirs in a shallow tank. The max are my blues at 62%, everything is lower than that. Originally I had them at 10% higher.

If you can take a water sample to your LFS so they can test your params.

Back