PO4 higher with GFO

LiveRock27

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
256
Reaction score
51
Location
Dallas, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started running GFO last week on my tank and my PO4 has actually gone up.

I tested the water coming out of the reactor on Monday and it was at .05, so I replaced the GFO.

Yesterday I tested(Hanna Checker) the water coming out of the reactor and it is at .08.

The PO4 in my tank was at .03 two weeks ago before I started using GFO and now it is at .05. I am using 1 cup of BRS GFO on my 90g tank running through a TLF150 reactor.

What am I doing wrong?
 
It may just be the variance in your tester. Do you know what the accuracy (not precision) of your tester is?

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new